Schaeffer's 15W40 - Just noticed my batch is SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to change over when I noticed my batch is SJ. Anyone have thoughts on the changes for Schaeffer 7000 15W40 between SJ and SL? I kind of hate to start with the old stuff.

Thanks, David

If it was me, I'd use it & not worry about any small differences between SJ & SL. But that's just me. I picked up a fresh "load" of Schaeffer goodies today.

EP, Into the box, possibly, and back the the rep. The intended applications were two high-mile vehicles: a Jeep 4.0L straight 6, and my brother's Ford 351W club van.

Stuart, I'm torn on this. I don't know that the change is significant but I still hate to use the old version to begin my Schaeffer trends. If Bob pipes in that there wasn't a significant change then I'll go ahead with it.
Otherwise, may just use it for an old pickup. It'll think it's died and gone to Heaven.
smile.gif

David

onequart, The changes made between the two grades where of no signifigance and you'll not see much if any difference in performance between these two. I in no way would even give it a second thought as to using either.

bob

[ September 29, 2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back