Schaeffers #132?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading a lot about Schaeffers #132 and have a friend sending me a couple of bottles. I'd like to hear some feedback from users of the product. What they use it for and the dose their using.

I want to run it in an older Ford 3.0L engine, and trying to see if there is any advantages of using it in a newer engine.

TIA,
AD

Love it

Check my uoa from my saab... Excellent.

I make an 8oz batch, 1/3 #132, 2/3 lc20.

All our cars have sizable sumps, but more or less, dose at the required ratios at the start, then a few ounces every 1000mi.

Nothing too specific.

Search for molabrew.

Thanks, I had called them and they said to use the full bottle. I don't want to thicken the oil up too much, they claim it won't.
I'll search some more, it seems to be a sleeper product!

AD

132 is a great product that used to get a lot more air time here. Molakule came up with the blend mentioned above to lower wear and add other benefits. It can be used in newer cars and older ones. It is said to have some of the same anti-wear chemistry as the Schaeffers oil. It helps with wear reduction, cylinder sealing, friction modification, prevents viscosity loss, etc. I believe the 132 costs around $5/bottle.
I am going to order some soon with my next Schaeffers order.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
132 is a great product that used to get a lot more air time here. Molakule came up with the blend mentioned above to lower wear and add other benefits. It can be used in newer cars and older ones. It is said to have some of the same anti-wear chemistry as the Schaeffers oil. It helps with wear reduction, cylinder sealing, friction modification, prevents viscosity loss, etc. I believe the 132 costs around $5/bottle.
I am going to order some soon with my next Schaeffers order.

Can it be used without the LC20, a full bottle at a time? Seems thick like STP. Any advantages in a new car that is driven once a week? That is how my mother's car is used, spends most of its time in the garage lately.

Thanks,
AD

Originally Posted By: BoiseRob
FWIW, my Schaeffer rep calls #132 "Honey Oil"...

Does he suggest using a whole bottle of the stuff?

AD

Yes its a pint, I thought since it had the thickness of VSOT the dose would be 1 oz/qt of oil or something along those lines. They say to use the entire bottle, so did VSOT.
21.gif

AD

Schaeffers #132 is much thinner than VSOT. VSOT is like Molasses while #132 is like maple syrup. The coolest thing about #132 is its color, nice lime green!

Thanks deven, by shaking a bottle I'd never know. It seems like STP, VSOT, and some of the others. I guess that's what happens when you don't actually open the bottle.
21.gif
Do you use the entire bottle? Have you run it all year?

I have been using #132 for 5-6 years.
I use 1oz. per qt. of oil in sump.
Plus a maintenance dose of ARX.
I have no oil problems on the 2 100k+ vehicles.
But I have no scienitific data to offer.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Thanks deven, by shaking a bottle I'd never know. It seems like STP, VSOT, and some of the others. I guess that's what happens when you don't actually open the bottle.
21.gif
Do you use the entire bottle? Have you run it all year?

Yes the first time I got the bottle I thought it would be thick goopy stuff but I was misled too just like you.I used it for a couple OCI's but no discernable difference. I still have a few bottles left in the garage from 3 years ago but I don't use it anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RichR

Thanks for the reply? How did you come about the 1oz/qt dose? That was what I used with VSOT. My buddy gave Schaeffers a call and they said use the whole bottle. We plan on using the whole bottle in my brother's boat, since it is worked very hard. 16oz seems like a lot to add to a 5 qt sump in a car though.

The dose is 1 pint per 4/5 quarts. I also use 1 pint when I add it to my 427 which takes 7 quarts.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: RichR

Thanks for the reply? How did you come about the 1oz/qt dose? That was what I used with VSOT. My buddy gave Schaeffers a call and they said use the whole bottle. We plan on using the whole bottle in my brother's boat, since it is worked very hard. 16oz seems like a lot to add to a 5 qt sump in a car though.

If I remember right.
It was recommended to me by a very knowledgeable BITOGER.
Almost like the legendary MOLA-brew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back