Schaeffer Oil Seq. IIIG Results ALL the same? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: salesrep
Schaeffers has used an advanced package to solely a Moly Trimer system as part of their add pack for quite some time.

Thanks, but I can't parse this sentence. What does it mean "to solely"?

I think he meant to say "other than" instead of the mistaken "to".

Crawfish, you keep bringing up old school moly used by Schaeffers and this simply is not the case. Schaeffers has conducted many many many studies in the lab, on dynos, and head to head comparisons against most all the players (though mostly with HDEO's). Most frequently Schaeffers comes out ahead.
Your axe to grind is quite apparent and with that, I bid adieu.

So are you saying that Schaeffers doesn't use "old school moly" aka molybdenum dialkyldithiocarbamate?

Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
Originally Posted By: badtlc
I'm not sure about Amazon but I know people around here who are members or whatever and buy it from schaeffers for less than $5.50/qt. i wasn't even aware you could buy it online.

Its 2015 and you can buy almost anything online.
I'd like to know how to get 12 quarts of Supreme 9000 5w-30 for less than $5.50/qt like you say. Any way you know? Schaefferoil.com webstore direct has the same price as Amazon.com which about $8/quart if you buy 12 quarts at a time.

No you don't. You have made it clear what your stance is and agenda is with Schaeffer's oils.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

No you don't. You have made it clear what your stance is and agenda is with Schaeffer's oils.

Why? Just because I caught them in false advertising? I just don't like false advertising, thats all. Don't care which company it is doing it. I'm neutral. They violated STM guidelines and are trying to mislead everyone that all their products perform the Sequence IIIG at 9.8/130 when thats clearly NOT what STM allows, only pass/fail read-across.

badtlc, You can't get Schaeffer oil for less than $5.50/qt like you say. You didn't answer that part.

Last edited:
Crawfish, you keep bringing up old school moly used by Schaeffers and this simply is not the case. Schaeffers has conducted many many many studies in the lab, on dynos, and head to head comparisons against most all the players (though mostly with HDEO's). Most frequently Schaeffers comes out ahead.
Your axe to grind is quite apparent and with that, I bid adieu.

Yes, but Crawlfish and others know what additives go into each brand of oil.

I.E., they know better than formulators what additive package is good and what is bad.

Crawlfish,

If you think your interpretation of the read-across and other rules is the correct one then by all means, file a report with whatever regulatory organization with which you feel comfortable. Even submit it to the API, Schaeffer's Oil, etc.

So, what drama is next on your list, Amsoil, Castrol...?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Crawlfish,

If you think your interpretation of the read-across and other rules is the correct one then by all means, file a report with whatever regulatory organization with which you feel comfortable. Even submit it to the API, Schaeffer's Oil, etc.

So, what drama is next on your list, Amsoil, Castrol...?

I think Delvac 1 is his next target. XOM and Imperial Oil doesn't get quite as antsy about using CJ-4/SM and CJ-4/SN oils in gassers as some other companies do, so obviously they need to be re-educated.

So Schaeffers was caught doing false advertising.

They clearly stated results of wear tests which never happened.

And MolaKule, the Schaeffer Salesman, and some others are upset about this?

I'm siding against false ads. Sorry people with vested interests or no brains! Sorry!

Originally Posted By: ZZBottom

I'm siding against false ads. Sorry people with vested interests or no brains! Sorry!

Incorrect.

Quote:
ZZBottom:

No, that has not been established. It is an unsubstantiated allegation based on an uninformed interpretation.

From the "Kreen Experience" thread:

Quote:
...From time to time (since about 2002) we have oil chemist/tribology WannaBe's and Drama Kings come here under different names with argumentation style and attitudes very similar to previous trouble makers.

They do not come here to learn (the original intent of BITOG) or calmly discuss something , rather they come here to attack people and products under some trumped-up title heading. In addition, the my interpretation of such and such is correct is another telltale sign.

Generally, they have been kicked-off of other web sites because they were so obnoxious.

It is especially telling when they are caught in a misinformation campaign or finally zero in on one person and try to intimidate that person....

Last edited:
You aren't suggesting that CrawfishTails and ZZBottom know each other, are you?

Quote:
...From time to time (since about 2002) we have oil chemist/tribology WannaBe's and Drama Kings come here under different names with argumentation style and attitudes very similar to previous trouble makers.

They do not come here to learn (the original intent of BITOG) or calmly discuss something , rather they come here to attack people and products under some trumped-up title heading. In addition, the my interpretation of such and such is correct is another telltale sign.

Generally, they have been kicked-off of other web sites because they were so obnoxious.

It is especially telling when they are caught in a misinformation campaign or finally zero in on one person and try to intimidate that person....

Originally Posted By: kschachn
You aren't suggesting that CrawfishTails and ZZBottom know each other, are you?

Quote:

There's a lot of that going on here. We have one guy using a few names and then talks to himself. You gotta love it! LOL

I've read the entire thread and see some crazies attacking the facts. Enough said. kschacn thinks I know somebody at Schaeffers or someone at bitog. Really weird. Just shows there is all kinds of fruit loops on bitog.

Clearly there is only one person here with his panties in a bunch, and its the one (or two) people throwing the hay makers. As noted above, rather than calling them out on a forum why not just report them? I'm guessing its because you know you aren't going to get anywhere, so you'd rather raise a chit storm. Good job. It stinks in here.

I've been using Schaeffers for a number of years based on the results of others around me, not "false advertising" as its been put. I used to work with a company with OTR trucks in their fleet and they run Schaeffers exclusively. These are trucks that run 7 days a week by multiple operators and all are very high mileage trucks. Many people in the construction biz have likely heard of All Crane who also uses Schaeffers, at least the Cleveland division does. This is a company with 100s of pieces of heavy equipment from rental cranes to tractor trailers to man lifts spread out all over the eastern half of the country. Their fleet is simply huge and I can't imagine the money involved in the maintenance of their equipment, and yet the savings must be substantial enough for them to use extended intervals using a high quality oil

As to the question of where to find it at a cheaper price than online, its simple. You find a rep in your area. This is a well known fact. I'm guessing you already know this as everybody else does thats seriously looked into Schaeffers, but then you couldn't get your digs in on the price point.

Last edited:
jrmason, another Schaeffer loyalist that loves false advertising about wear rates. It just gets better and better in this thread!

From what I know about Schaeffer Oil they mostly market in bulk quantities to trucking companies, mining industries, and manufacturing.

Quote:
jrmason, another Schaeffer loyalist that loves false advertising about wear rates. It just gets better and better in this thread!

jrmason is simply giving you his experience with the product.

Are you now going to post in the attack mode again, or try to learn something from experienced people?

Quote:
...They do not come here to learn (the original intent of BITOG) or calmly discuss something , rather they come here to attack people and products under some trumped-up title heading. In addition, the my interpretation of such and such is correct is another telltale sign.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay
Fetch Far, CrawFishTails, ZZBottom... sheeesh! Can't keep up.

Bahahaha.

Yep

You'd think these suspended guys would get the memo.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

You'd think these suspended guys would get the memo.

Nope, they make a game out of it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back