Scavenged a Husqvarna self propelled mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 580 Rsw, it's the one with the outrigger front wheels and has the drive similar to snow blowers, with a friction wheel frive system.
WOW! I started looking up the handful of parts it needs and was absolutely amazed at the prices. Friction wheel $111, drive belt $53, tension spring $36, and I'm sure a few other parts. Nothing major. Runs like a top, but nearly $200 already!
I've owned Husqvarna tractors, chainsaws, blowers and push mowers and still have a Husqy weedeater, and never had this kind of parts shock. Even my JD 425 is reasonable on parts.
Any ideas on where to find decent prices? I'm on the hunt for used stuff, and am aware there were similar Craftsman mowers that I might get the same parts cheaper.
I won't be buying any Husqvarna push mowers if this is the norm. I'm wondering if this was a scarcely sold model that isn't much in demand.

You could have found equivalents for the belt and spring, maybe not on the friction wheel. Ebay usually has used and clone parts cheap.

The 580s have a B+S engine. 600s have a Robin. Put that back on the curb and hold out for a 600
grin2.gif

strip it down for parts,unless you find a cheaper parts source. I would never put that kind of money in a trash picked mower.

That model looks like a rebranded Ariens mower. Maybe parts would be cheaper from ariens.

That price for the friction disc seems way high.

OEM OPE parts are always expensive. Need to search aftermarket like Stens, etc. for wear items. Lots of times they make the OEM parts anyway.

I took your advice and put it at the curb. I think I set a new world record for "time at the curb". I think it was less than 15 minutes.

Don't blame you.

I see that that friction disk only comes as a whole assembly and looks to be for the 580 model only. Cheapest I see online is $99 just for that. No thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back