Scam, or...?

This came through my Facebook feed for reasons unknown to me. It appears to be a legit ad on Walmart.com from one of their independent sellers "Dealing Fair". I love the picture taken sitting on their kitchen floor.

Is this not an eye watering price for some really old tech? Have these things gotten so out of style, they've come back in?

Mod edit - photo removed for privacy reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, just going by the average Craigslist or Facebook MP user. Listed a tire for sale and pictured it on the wheel because I was still driving on it. Clearly stated I was just selling the tire. Half the questions were if the wheel was included.

30 year old electronics is pretty much worthless. Not old enough to be vintage, too old to be useful. I have a few VCRs stashed in the closet. Would love to get even twenty bucks for one.

This came through my Facebook feed for reasons unknown to me. It appears to be a legit ad on Walmart.com from one of their independent sellers "Dealing Fair". I love the picture taken sitting on their kitchen floor.

Is this not an eye watering price for some really old tech? Have these things gotten so out of style, they've come back in?

View attachment 178391
Your phone, TV or fridge might have picked up a conversation where DVD or VCR was mentioned so FB is presenting you with this ad. For ads on FB you have the ability to see why you were targeted.

I interpret the ad as $899.50 EACH, not all three. It's common to see multiple boxes of an item in pictures on eBay and other sites, even though only 1 is included in the selling price. The seller is trying to say that he has more than one. Wanna buy 2 at $899.50 apiece?

In seller's "About this item" in the ad: Single Unit Comes Sealed.

I take that as $899.50 EACH. If I were interested in buying, I'd contact the seller and get a clarification if the price was for ONE or THREE.

Regards,
John

No, but that's what's in the seller's description. That's why I'd get clarification from the seller and cut out the speculation.

Regards,
John

$899 each, new old stock. These are from the late 00's and contain a DVD Recorder so they were expensive then and still are - it's the easiest way to transfer old VHS recordings to DVD.

Back