Saw my old Saturn Wagon in the wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw my 2003 Saturn ION in some mechanic's lot. When I sold the car, cylinder #3 was way down in compression. I guess someone drove it until the rest of the engine failed.

I know the car was mine because I put special vinyl seats in it, had a nice Pioneer stereo in it, and some of the stuff that was damaged during the car's lifetime was still there.

I guess someone decided that locating a junkyard engine and swapping it in wasn't worthwhile.

It has been sitting there for 2 years.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
RichPin helped me buy a house!

I've watched his videos... started with saturns, I think, but he does other cars too. Comes up fairly regularly, and it's a big youtube.

What gets me is he sounds just like Ray Romano.
laugh.gif

Years ago (20) I got rid of my first car, a 1985 Skyhawk because everything on it was done - brakes, exhaust, heater, rusted..etc..

Traded it in at a dealership across town, assuming it would be junked.

Nope.

A young woman who lived in my area ended up with it, and a couple of times a week for the next 3 years I saw it running around just fine.

Burned me to no end.

I haven't seen my old Taurus - but I only look for that in the junkyard.

Surprisingly enough, the person I "traded" it to for the Cherokee actually fixed all of the rust and replaced the rusty suspension bits. He shut down his small shop/operation but ended up working with a buy-here-pay-here operation. About a year after I got rid of it, I ran a carfax and it had a lien on the title and was registered where I grew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back