Saved wal-mart customer from SA oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
cutehumor: I will have to send you a small commission check.
grin.gif

wink.gif

An SA or SB oil is really what should be in the oil can on the shelf, in everyone's garage, for general purpose lubrication.

Mstik lists their SB oil as also suitable for GL-1 gear oil applications, and as a low pressure hydraulic oil.

The wal-mart employee said it was o.k. to the customer as part of an conspiracy theory. Mower wont last as long, you'll come back to wal-mart sooner someday to buy a new mower, employees profit sharing goes up.
grin.gif

Over 30 years ago, when I was a know-nothing kid just out of high school my first full time job was at one of those no-name, el-cheapo gas stations. Everything they sold was the cheapest they could lay their hands on. Not only did they sell a non-detergent oil in straight 20 and 30 weight, we actually sold used bulk oil. We pumped it out of a tank into a quart glass bottle and sold it for 15 cents. Hard for me to imagine now that anyone could be so dumb as to put that stuff into any engine, even an old junker...let alone a newer car. It was absolutely black.

Aside from maybe knocking sludge loose, is their any application where a detergent oil will be a problem?

Persoally, I don't screw around with buying anything except Pennzoil 5W-30 except for my chain saw.

quote:

Originally posted by JAYCEE:
Oil-bath air cleaners also use this oil.

I suppose Model-T fords do too, but I don't know.

I remember my old man's European spec'ed '74 MBZ 240D W115 had an oil bath air filter. Never need to replace 'em but just clean the metal mesh element and replace the oil at every oci.

The car lasted up till 488k miles on the orig engine...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back