Save money, buy in volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While looking for Mobil ATF 3309, I found the cheapest place to buy it was from a Mobil distributor in town. Since they have free shipping for any order over 10 gals, I thought I was on to a good source for my oil, and I'd pad the order with Mobil 1 synthetic that my friends need, among other Mobil product. Unfortunately, they charge more for the motor oils than I pay at the local auto supply store.

I guess I'm not a preferred customer.

Originally Posted By: BennyL
Originally Posted By: Drivebelt
You can get the No-Name brand of motor oil at Superstore, 4L for $8.99 … $2.25 liter. It is made by Shell. This is probably the best deal for a motor oil (at regular prices) here up in Canada.

haha, you mean the one that literally says "no name" on it. thats the brand, right? that's loblaws/no frills in-house cheapo brand for everything from food to toilet paper.

sh!t man, i looked at the bottles once at my local RCSS (real canadian superstore) and just couldn't do it! how do you know its made by shell? how do you know its any good?

THIS thread, although old, seems to indicate that Loblaws 'no name' 5W-30 is made by Shell (SOPUS):

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329988

$2.25/liter is a great deal on API SM oil right now. Thinking this will be my next oil change....

Originally Posted By: PT1
I got 200 qts of pp at the AAP BOGO for $560. If you keep it inside heated storage the shelf life is 60 months.

200 Qts! Wow!! I only have a 12 qt. stash and I feel that is plenty.

With 200 qts. I could change the oil in my truck 33 times. If I follow the OLM, I'd bet that would take me out to 250,000 miles or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back