Sargent seat upgrade

I did my first long freeway ride on my new 2023 BMW R1250 GSA and after the hour mark my posterior was getting uncomfortable and when I arrived at my destination I was in slight pain. On the ride back home I was in pain and moving up the charts quickly from the stock seat. I don’t have much baby got back so the super soft stock seat isn’t doing me any favors. I checked out the seats from Sargent, Corbin, and Seat Concepts for their replacement seats. I chose the Sargent seat and bought one this morning and they’re having a 15% off sale right now, so win win. I don’t plan on long haul riding so I wasn’t interested in the custom guys like RDL, Lamm, or Rich’s in my State. I just need firmer foam seat that the aftermarket companies make. I tried the seat toppers on my older bikes and they don’t help.

Yeah, I found the foam in my Sargent seat was stiffer and didn't compress as much as the stock seat but when it was new it was kind of slick when wearing textile pants. It was well worth the price payed.

I really liked the Sargent seat that I had on a V-Strom for some years. Thay claim that they take about 500 miles to break in and I would agree with that, Had a Corbin on an old BMW airhead for many years and also liked that. The Corbin was decidedly harder and some don't like them for that. Very long break in on them.

I really liked the Sargent seat that I had on a V-Strom for some years. Thay claim that they take about 500 miles to break in and I would agree with that, Had a Corbin on an old BMW airhead for many years and also liked that. The Corbin was decidedly harder and some don't like them for that. Very long break in on them.
I also had a Corbin Gentry on my 1974 BMW R90/6... It was a saddle type seat and was a big improvement over the stock seat...Man I wish I still had that bike....Black with white pinstriping...

They're like mattresses; softer really makes it worse for your back (bottom and back here).
I've got a Corbin now. Most people sit and say it's too hard. They need to ride on it for a while to see.

I like Sargent seats. I have an older GS and with a bad back I really need lower back support for any ride that's longer than an hour or so. I commuted for many years on my GS and this was my setup, a Sargent seat and a Best Rest backrest.
2018-03-30%2001.40.34-X5.jpg

Since I retired in '20 I now usually have my Corbin (which I love) on because my wife frequently accompanies me on rides and this is how it looks now.
IMG_1210-X4.jpg

I've spent more than a few hours in the saddle on this bike over the past 15+ years and it is approaching the 100,000 mile mark.

I hope that you enjoy your Sargent.

Last edited:
I also had a Corbin Gentry on my 1974 BMW R90/6... It was a saddle type seat and was a big improvement over the stock seat...Man I wish I still had that bike....Black with white pinstriping...
The Corbin that I had on my '72 R75/5 was called a Gunfighter and Lady :LOL: I enjoyed it after a year or two of break in. Only complaint was that they cheated the rider section a bit to allow more for the pillion section. On the short wheelbase '70-early '73 /5 models, there was less space to work with.

I'd also welcome my /5 back in a second. Also Avus black with hand striping. Still can't believe I sold it 9 years ago.

Reactions: hrv
Back