Samsung Note 3Keeps displaying "Couldn't establish a secure connection"

I did a factory reset on this tablet. I can connect to wifi and get some sites, but a lot of time get " Couldn't establish a secure connection". I even get this when I go to Google Play Store and it doesn't allow me to download anything. i went into settings and didn't see anything related to this. What can I check to fix this? thanks!

First of all the note 3 is not a tablet, but a phone from 2013. If that is the case then you should just throw it away. Something that old is bound to have some issues with a modern router.

If you got the model wrong then please provide the correct model.

I'm surprised a Note 3 works at all in 2023.

If we're talking about the phone, 10 years is a GREAT run, it doesn't owe you anything.

First of all the note 3 is not a tablet, but a phone from 2013. If that is the case then you should just throw it away. Something that old is bound to have some issues with a modern router.

If you got the model wrong then please provide the correct model.
Oh ok. I found it, tried to find out the owner but they refused it. It's pretty big for a phone, that's why I thought it was a small tablet. I was hoping to just use it for wifi websites. If I damage it or lose it, no biggie.

I once had that issue on a newer Samsung where the time and date in the settings was wrong and it would just stop it from connecting for some reason. I set the time nd date and things started working. Then i purposefully messed it up and it stopped connecting to see if i was just lucky.

Oh ok. I found it, tried to find out the owner but they refused it. It's pretty big for a phone, that's why I thought it was a small tablet. I was hoping to just use it for wifi websites. If I damage it or lose it, no biggie.
If it is the note 3, its done for.

I once had that issue on a newer Samsung where the time and date in the settings was wrong and it would just stop it from connecting for some reason. I set the time nd date and things started working. Then i purposefully messed it up and it stopped connecting to see if i was just lucky.
Yeah, probably the date and time are wrong. That said, I agree that this thing is obsolete and not worth hanging onto.

Yeah, probably the date and time are wrong. That said, I agree that this thing is obsolete and not worth hanging onto.
I imagine it runs android 5 whose app support for is dying but a lot of things still support 5. It's use is limited with old android though. I know people can put a newer version on it but i have no idea as it's too techy for me. Android 8 or 9 wouldn't tax it too much and just about everything would work on it. Overall the effort isn't worth it.

Back