Sale fell through on a hard to sell home primarily because of items in and condition of basement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started loading the trailer and decided to givr away stuff. This is just a sample of what I have and am putting on the curb. Lots of never used stuff.
PXL_20220620_171021122.jpg
PXL_20220620_171037635.jpg

Everything 100 percent out of the home except for the garage. I decided place cleaning supplies and related cleaning equipment in the garage so if the house is in the market long term, someone can clean the house and have the supplies readily available. It also highlights a way to use the slat wall.
PXL_20220620_220535325.jpg
PXL_20220620_222221269.jpg

Everything out. Then leave it to the professionals.

Why is there lumber on the floor? Part of the deck project or another random leave-behind?

Everything out. Then leave it to the professionals.

Why is there lumber on the floor? Part of the deck project or another random leave-behind?
Part of the deck project. Everything single thing is out of the home except one shelf in the basement with floor and bath tiles, spare lvt flooring, roofing shingles, and water softener supplies. And the cleaning stuff in the garage.

Listing Broker sent me a picture of the featured photo of the home. Amazing how a picture from a drone can give a home a very different look. The home looks more intriguing in the picture than in real life. Amazing what this Broker did with the pictures.

Attachments

• 11442305.jpg
    11442305.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 11442305_P01 - Copy.jpg
    11442305_P01 - Copy.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 11442305_P02 - Copy.jpg
    11442305_P02 - Copy.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 11442305_P03.jpg
    11442305_P03.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 11442305_P08.jpg
    11442305_P08.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 70
  • 11442305_P10.jpg
    11442305_P10.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 11442305_P11.jpg
    11442305_P11.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 11442305_P14.jpg
    11442305_P14.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 69
  • 11442305_P17.jpg
    11442305_P17.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 11442305_P22.jpg
    11442305_P22.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 71
I spent my first 31yrs about 15 minutes east of there. I don't miss the area one bit...

Kane county. Just minutes from the possibly shuttered Sears Corporate headquarters. And the I believe shuttered Allstate alternate corporate office.

I am staying at the Marriott Hoffman Estates right now (about to leave and head to the home and get back to work). Right on the interstate, great location for a Marriott and north american HQ of global corporations, just minutes from a large international airport...... except this is Illinois. I am on the seventh floor of the Marriott. I look out the hotel window and see all these newer built office/ technology research buildings. Seems about half are vacant. Some of the landlords have even quit maintaining the lawns/ landscape.

Just like Catipillar announced two days ago, so many Companys, did, have, or are giving up on Illinois. Makes it hard to sell a home.......

I spent my first 31yrs about 15 minutes east of there. I don't miss the area one bit...
Three weeks ago, Illinois lost the corporate HQ of Boeing (Virginia)
Two weeks ago, Illinois lost the corporate HQ of Caterpillar (Texas)
This week, Illinois lost the corporate HQ of Citadel (Florida)

Along with each of these corporate HQ losses are hundreds of small companies that support these giant organizations, will be the loss of hundreds of small companies and tens of thousands of jobs (direct and indirect), that will move with these corporate giants.

Man, I hope an offer comes in on the home we have for sale in Illinois.

I use to work for INX International out of the greater Chicago area. They have no less than three production facilities in the Chicago land area. These are well-paying jobs. They currently have 15 openings. While I would never move to the Chicago area-there are companies looking for employees.

Hopefully your hard work pays off. My back feels sore just looking at all your pictures 🤣
Thanks, digging the hole and loading up the rocks from Home Depot and unloading was a bit of a job, but I enjoyed the challenge. I am not a young man, and it is five days since digging the hole and loading the trailer, and my body still has yet to fully recover.

Good luck on the sale - cleaning things out will make it way easier to sell the place. What was a treasure to you is not to a new buyer...

Anyways...

While losing the nameplate headquarters is not a good thing, for perspective:

Boeing: Moved its headquarters to Chicago from Seattle in 2001. At the time, many questioned the move. Boeings performance since since begs the question as to whether moving from Seattle was a good call - and whether moving again to DC and not back to Seattle is the right move...

Total Headquarters jobs lost to Illinois: 400 Total Boeing Workforce: 140,000+

Caterpillar: Moved its headquarters from Peoria in 2017 to Deerfield (suburb of Chicago). At the time, they basically said the move was to get them closer to the airport (ORD) for travel, instead of being in Peoria. Irving is similarly situated near DFW.

Total Headquarters jobs lost to Illinois: 250 Total Caterpillar Workforce: 107,700 (17,000+ in Illinois)

No comment on Citadel.

Pretty clear in this day and age that large companies have no problems moving the nameplate headquarters around to meet the whims of whomever is in the executive suite...

Not excusing Illinois current political realities, but current corporate culture isn't what it once was...

No comment on Citadel.
Here is an interesting article on Citadel and leaving Illinois. One of the more interesting tidbits in the article is the carjacking attempt of the Chairman's vehicle in Illinois. Glad he had a security detail. Not so good is the assaults on Citadel employees heading to/ from work:

"If people aren’t safe here, they’re not going to live here," he told the Wall Street Journal in April. "I’ve had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I’ve had a colleague stabbed on the way to work. Countless issues of burglary. I mean, that’s a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from."

Last edited:
So-the "doom and gloom" put in to perspective" is not really as dramatic. Again-I worked for a company that is entrenched in Chicago with three production facilities. Why? I don't know but they are.

Three weeks ago, Illinois lost the corporate HQ of Boeing (Virginia)
Two weeks ago, Illinois lost the corporate HQ of Caterpillar (Texas)
This week, Illinois lost the corporate HQ of Citadel (Florida)

Along with each of these corporate HQ losses are hundreds of small companies that support these giant organizations, will be the loss of hundreds of small companies and tens of thousands of jobs (direct and indirect), that will move with these corporate giants.

Man, I hope an offer comes in on the home we have for sale in Illinois.

Man, I hope an offer comes in on the home we have for sale in Illinois.”

“Happiness is the love of Illinois………

….in the rearview mirror.”

Reactions: GON
Here is an interesting article on Citadel and leaving Illinois. One of the more interesting tidbits in the article is the carjacking attempt of the Chairman's vehicle in Illinois. Glad he had a security detail. Not so good is the assaults on Citadel employees heading to/ from work:

"If people aren’t safe here, they’re not going to live here," he told the Wall Street Journal in April. "I’ve had multiple colleagues mugged at gunpoint. I’ve had a colleague stabbed on the way to work. Countless issues of burglary. I mean, that’s a really difficult backdrop with which to draw talent to your city from."

Similar situation in Seattle with Amazon. A lot of the workers do not want to return to the HQ but would rather work from home as they have been doing. So far Amazon has been accommodating.

Pictures are excellent. A realtor who really knows how to market a property to its strong points is essential.

I'm already looking at wooded rural acreage in Indiana, for my retirement pole barn... that will serve both as a house and a massive workshop and storage area.

I read that Boeing was moving to the DC area to be closer to their biggest customer...the federal government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back