Safe To Mailorder PUP @ Amazon/Walmart?

With all the talk about fake sparkplugs, etc., is it safe to order Pennzoil Ultra Platinum through Amazon or Walmart. Is one safer? What to watch out for?

I want to try it out of curiosity to see if improves the very slight oil burning my 2013 2.4L Patriot engine just started at 100,000 miles.

With all the talk about fake sparkplugs, etc., is it safe to order Pennzoil Ultra Platinum through Amazon or Walmart. Is one safer? What to watch out for?

I want to try it out of curiosity to see if improves the very slight oil burning my 2013 2.4L Patriot engine just started at 100,000 miles.
You don't need to watch out for much of anything if they did something wrong like I've had to deal with a couple of times you just return it!

I've had no issues with either. Bought PUP from both. I think there would be too small of a profit to make fake oils. They would need to fake the bottle, label, and the oil.

If the seller is Amazon.com it is OK for me. You can purchase from other sellers on Amazon, they would be suspect. Same issue from WalMart.
Look for the dark stuff in the bottom of the PUP, then you know you got the good stuff.

Last edited:
I order PUP from Walmart.com my local store only carries PP,

I would also order it from Amazon.com as long as it was "ships and sold" by Amazon. but the Walmart.com price is lower.

UOA of walmart.com PUP

I buy my PUP from Walmart. So far have seen no evidence of tampering. Even the filters I buy from Walmart so far have been the correct ones in the box.

I tried to order PUP from Amazon. Something happened on the way from the fulfillment center in California to Hawaii and it was returned and money refunded with no reason. It was ships/sold by Amazon.

Back