Ryobi leaf blower RY25AXB have a ryobi jet fan leal blower RY25AXB no spark I disconnect the kill switch still no spark I change the coil and cap it

have a ryobi jet fan leal blower RY25AXB no spark I disconnect the kill switch still no spark I change the coil and cap it at 0.10 still no spark the ryobi leaf blower is only 2 year old.i bought a spark tester to double check the spark but still no spark I removed the spark plug and attach it to the spark plug wire and ground it and spin the crank with a drill still no spark. I'm lost looking for help if possible.
Bob

Have you tested with a new spark plug? These systems normally don't generate enough voltage to fire the type of spark tester that is used on cars.

Other possible causes:
* Your new coil is defective or not the right one for the machine.
* The new coil is mounted upside down.
* The magnets in the flywheel are bad.
* You are turning the crank backwards in your testing.

Have you tested with a new spark plug? These systems normally don't generate enough voltage to fire the type of spark tester that is used on cars.

Other possible causes:
Yes I tested with a new spark plug,the coil is definitely the right one,the flywheel magnets I have to check I'm not sure how,you might have something with the turning backwards with the crank I didn't think about that I was turning the crank to my right not my left

Yes I tested with a new spark plug,the coil is definitely the right one,the flywheel magnets I have to check I'm not sure how,you might have something with the turning backwards with the crank I didn't think about that I was turning the crank to my right not my left

If you bought a new coil, go back to the place of purchase and do an even exchange

Last edited:
Yes I tried a new spark plug,there is no spark coming out of the spark plug wire,I hook up a spark tester no spark,then I removed the new spark plug from the engine and connected to the spark plug wire and grounded the spark plug to the engine spin the crank with a drill no spark.
Thanks

Other possible causes:
Why would turning the crank counter clockwise or clockwise make a difference?
Thanks

The electronics inside the coil require the electrical pulses that the magnets create to be a certain polarity and sequence. Turning the crank the wrong way the electronics will not work.

The electronics inside the coil require the electrical pulses that the magnets create to be a certain polarity and sequence. Turning the crank the wrong way the electronics will not work.

17158832710124008764168897782635.jpg

Yes turning it counter clockwise I did see the spark from the spark tester and spark plug why is it so weak? Hard to see is that normal for this spark system?
Thanks

That is normal. You have to look closely because the system is not nearly as powerful as the one on a car. The sparks should be blue not yellow.

If the plug is firing consider other reasons for the no-start. One thing you should do before putting the plug back in is check the timing. Turning in the correct direction, the piston should reach top dead center slightly after the magnets have passed under the coil.

That is normal. You have to look closely because the system is not nearly as powerful as the one on a car. The sparks should be blue not yellow.

If the plug is firing consider other reasons for the no-start. One thing you should do before putting the plug back in is check the timing. Turning in the correct direction, the piston should reach top dead center slightly after the magnets have passed under the coil.
Good ideal I'll check the timing this weekend
Thanks

I check the timing and brought the piston TDC the non magnet side of the flywheel is just passing the coil not the magnet side, I rotate the piston a few times to TDC all 3 times it was always the non magnet side of the flywheel passing the coil,now what?

So in the above photo, the top of the flywheel is passing the coil at TDC? Most likely cause would be a sheared flywheel key.

Thanks for getting back to me
Now since I've been turning the crank outer clockwise I'm getting plenty of spark and fuel spark plug is new,but I did check the timing and the flywheel at TDC the magnet is opposite the coil I turned the crank a few times to check it still the same at TDC the magnet is no where near the coil I'll send you a pic tell me what you think
As you can see the magnet is on the bottom

20240519_111105.jpg

Back