Rush officially calls it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Thank goodness

Go listen to your Bieber then.

Amen. Anyone who doesn't like Rush simply does not like music...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Trolling.gif

Thank goodness

Trolling.gif

I recognize their greatness but I don't like his voice.

Since I listen to metal, Id consider Rush the 'Beiber' and not the music I listen to. Have fun
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: grampi

Trolling.gif

Thank goodness

Trolling.gif

I recognize their greatness but I don't like his voice.

Since I listen to metal, Id consider Rush the 'Beiber' and not the music I listen to. Have fun
smile.gif

If you asked those metal artists you listen to who their biggest influences are, 90% of them will mention Rush.

Funnily, every time Red Barchetta came on the radio, I couldn't get to the dial fast enough to change the channel! Not a fan. Then something clicked in the late 80s and I had to have everything they released. Looking back, I had a "WTH was I thinking!" period about why I didn't like them.
When they stopped in AZ during a tour, they stayed at the resort where I worked as a bellman. Geddy also used to vacation there with his family. Everyone knew I was a fan so they would always let me help them to their room. At first, Geddy was a little reserved, but after a few times he was more personable and saw I was not some wacko fan (as an employee we were never allowed to gush over anyone, ask for autographs, etc., which I wouldn't have done anyway...I respected everyone's privacy). THEY even greeted me one time in a courtyard before I knew they were in the hotel. Surprised the heck out of me. Didn't help that Geddy was wearing a big sunhat!

If you asked those metal artists you listen to who their biggest influences are, 90% of them will mention Rush.

Maybe, maybe not, but wasn't the point I was making.

A pity. I was never a huge fan, but they are a testament to integrity and musicianship and keeping it real as you can. Def Leppard and Journey are touring this year. I have no urge to see them as Journey is just a replac'a-member nostalgia tribute act and Def is just playing to backing tapes like a lot of overage rock acts are. I probably listened to a lot more Def Leppard than Rush, but would pay anything reasonable to see Rush live and will not go to DL playing to essentially a Hysteria recording and watching some Filipino guy channel is inner Steve Perry on tour...

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: Trav
You put a scare on me! I thought el Rushbo was calling it quits.

+1,001

Rushbo!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

El Rushbo is THEE man!!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.