Rush officially calls it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mid 70’s I went to a Nazareth concert with Rush playing back up. A couple years later I went to a Rush concert with Nazareth playing back up.

Fly by night, away from here. Change my life again.

Gonna miss ‘em.

Last edited:
I saw them for their R40 tour in July 2015. It was incredible.

Amazing how much sound can come from just 3 guys.

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees....

Besides being one of the most accomplished and awesome drummers ever, Neil Peart is an excellent author, avid motorcyclist, and has suffered more personal tragedy than any one person should ever have to go through. A very interesting fellow.
2112 was way ahead of it's time, so many things that album predicted that have come to be.

Got overdosed on them by friends who played them too much. But they can rock it hard. I like them now that I don't hear them 24 7. Good for them quitting so they can get on with life. Because life is short.

Farewell to kings. As my username indicates, I am a huge Rush fan. So sad to see them hang it up but nothing lasts forever. My two sons and I got to see them twice in recent years including the final tour in 2015. I’m going to miss them but they left us a lot of great music.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I saw them for their R40 tour in July 2015. It was incredible.

Amazing how much sound can come from just 3 guys.

This^^^^. Big sound for just three players.

I've seen them in concert maybe 30 times...? Might be closer to 40, I lost count.

My claim to fame is that on Rush.com, during the Clockwork Angels tour there was a picture taken from right behind Neil Peart, looking out at the crowd cheering, and there I am a few rows from the stage.

Very sad to see them go, I have decades of memories from hutting shows in various cities with friends I don't get to see much anymore.

What a great band the Canadians gave us in the USA, I never had the pleasure to see them in concert but was a big fan, my good friend got me started with 2112 in the 70's, at the Christmas holiday I got out to download Signals and Moving Pictures to my thumb drive and I was thinking man this is such a [censored] good band all these years and this music is still brilliant and kick a**, I have seen some ytube interviews and the band seemed humble and appreciative of their success, thank you "RUSH"!
TOTO.

All our good old band members and bands are slowing down or going away.. Waaaaa!!

But it is cool when you see bands that have been together for decades.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Nothin' wrong with Rush Limbaugh.
grin.gif

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Just wondering. How did you Rush Limbaugh fans or detractors attempt to highjack a posting on one of the best Canadian rock bands in history?
Shame on you!

Honestly from the title "Rush officially calls it quits"

I thought it was Rush Limbaugh..

Not sure I really cared either way with him.. but with the band at least they havent all died from drugs like so many others.

Fly by Night from Rush's 2nd Album

Why try, I know why
This feeling inside me says it's time I was gone
Clear head, new life ahead
It's time I was king now not just one more pawn

Fly by night, away from here
Change my life again
Fly by night goodbye my dear
My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend

Moon rise, thoughtful eyes
Staring back at me from the window beside
No fright, or hindsight
Leaving behind that empty feeling inside

Change my life again

Change my life again

Start a new chapter
I find what I'm after
Is changing every day
The change of a season
Is enough of a reason
To want to get away

Quiet and pensive
My thoughts apprehensive
The hours drift away
Leaving my homeland
Playing a lone hand
My life begins today

Change my life again

Change my life again

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: Trav
You put a scare on me! I thought el Rushbo was calling it quits.

+1,001

Rushbo!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Begin the day with a familiar voice.....Rush....favorite band always. I had just started to really get into drumming when Moving Pictures came out. I bought that album and Dream Police at NCS PX on Guam when I was still a minor living with my Dad. I remember sitting in my bedroom listening to that first side and thinking....OMG...this can't be one take. It had to be multiple tracks laid together. But, I started practicing to it and then realized it was one take. From that point on, I took all my drumming seriously. Made me much better and then got recognized for it and started getting gigs. Those gigs paid my way through college and I can 10000000% guarantee you that if it wasn't for Neil, there is no way I'd got through college. Jam drummers are a dime a dozen, but intricate and intelligent drummers are not. I went from being a jam drummer to actually realizing when drum breaks are needed, knowing when to use them and knowing when not to and the most important thing....keeping the tempo. I've seen everyone of there shows in Dallas, OKC and Tulsa. Amazed me that Neil could still play all those parts perfect. There was one tour that did recently where they played the whole Moving Pictures LP in its entirety. Wow.....just simply wow....I had known from reading other forums and interviews from Alex and the Ged that the last tour was their last. Especially when Neil went in front of the stage and waved at the audience at their very last show. He NEVER does that. He gets up and literally runs to his bus and leaves. He never did the crowd thing or the meet and greet. That's the only thing I didn't like about him was that. I mean, without us, he'd never have the financial success that he's had. But, to each his own. But still, sad they stop playing but really glad they did get back together after Neil devastating losses. Just wish I could have taken my daughter to one of their shows, she was too young back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back