Rural King finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

Shopping for oil for friends and family since they already gave me funds. I spotted these oils at Rural King. No 5w30 SYN HK oil at my store:(

Lubrigold was 5w30 and 0w20 and not much there. I asked for a case and after 15 minutes was told this is all they got. Snagged 10 quarts of 0w20 and 30 quarts 5w30. Also for member Triple_Se7en, there are PYB 5w20, 30 and 10w30 5quart jugs that are SN+ Quart bottles are NOT
frown.gif

Odd also is that 5w20 HK oil old style jug was a "synthetic blend" now its "conventional" dunno why. Snagged about 4 1gallon jugs of GTX HDEO for diesel project pops and I working on and its CJ4 rated and $11.99 so decent deal. I grabbed a MOBIL Super syn 5w20 oil thats SN+ for the Camry that was "ran over" but was not leaking for $9.79 so that will be next oil on the 09' Camry
smile.gif

Enjoy the pictures and Happy Sunday
wink.gif

20190210_122820.jpg

20190210_122828.jpg

20190210_122653.jpg

20190210_122650.jpg

20190210_121237.jpg

20190210_121905.jpg

20190210_121818.jpg

20190210_121823.jpg

Last edited:
I found the same thing and took almost the same pictures at RK on Saturday as well- looks to me like they can't get the 5W30 D1G2 oil from Citgo right now (speculation), so they have replaced it with the Lubrigold stuff at the same price.

I actually found another Rural King that stocks Amsoil quarts AND gallons, and had SS 5W20 and 5W30 for like $42 and $39.99. Not a great price, but it is available and no shipping. Only thing that stunk was quarts were significantly pricier to make up the rest of the fill- single quarts were priced at $12.50. I still wish Amsoil would get with the times and just start offering 5qt jugs!!

BTW if you are a DIY and want good stuff inexpensively, I think Rural King is one of the tougher stores to beat. You can get PYB or the HK house brand synthetic and a Prime Guard or Eco Gard filter for less than $16 plus tax! Just about any American vehicle will run 250k miles easy at 5k OCIs for less than $1000 in maintenance costs!
lol.gif

Yeah, PYB jugs were $14~ so way cheaper than what Wal Mart wants for it.

Think I'll give Rural King my business from now on

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Looks like Citco Oil can't supply the full syn?
Unfortunately no RK here.

The full syn 5w30 yeah. Shelf sticker shows 5w30 synthetic HK just no oil there
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
$2.99 is a nice price for Lubrigold, blended by Warren Oil Co. in Dunn, NC. No need to mess with MIR's.

Yeah, I hope rural king wakes up and stocks more LubriGold oil
smile.gif

Oh there is plenty of full-syn Harvest King oil on the shelves- but only in 0W20, 5W20, and 10W30. 5W30 is conspicuously absent, after the "new" syn 5W30 showed up in quarts only being D1G2 certified... I never have seen ANY 5qt jug of HK oil that has been D1G2 certified, even though there are quarts aplenty of D1G2.

Fun fact: the 10W30 full syn is listed as Resource Conserving, SN Plus now!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Oh there is plenty of full-syn Harvest King oil on the shelves- but only in 0W20, 5W20, and 10W30. 5W30 is conspicuously absent, after the "new" syn 5W30 showed up in quarts only being D1G2 certified... I never have seen ANY 5qt jug of HK oil that has been D1G2 certified, even though there are quarts aplenty of D1G2.

Fun fact: the 10W30 full syn is listed as Resource Conserving, SN Plus now!
smile.gif

Chris, you're right but there wasn't any quarts of 0w20 Synthetic at my store
frown.gif

Mainly 5w20 and 10w30 jugs but tons of 12 quart cases of 5w30 conventional and jugs

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
That LubriGold VOA is 4 years old, and NOT the D1G2 oil that's on the shelves today. It actually probably looks similar to the HK VOA of mine that you linked to.

Well Chris, I think I'll VOA the Lubrigold 5w30. It's Warren made, not CITGO made so better have a better add pack
wink.gif

Sadly, discussions of Rural King synthetic are becoming increasingly academic as more and more people discover it. My local store hasn't had any 0w-20 in months. I checked a few more times and then bought three cases of NAPA on sale.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

Shopping for oil for friends and family since they already gave me funds. I grabbed a MOBIL Super syn 5w20 oil thats SN+ for the Camry that was "ran over" but was not leaking for $9.79 so that will be next oil on the 09' Camry
smile.gif

Was the tire track on that jug of Mobil Super-Synthetic that got run over, a straight-line thread, or was it an all-season tire?
crackmeup2.gif

BTW - Thanks for the heads-up that Pennzoil Yellow Bottle 5qt jugs in SN Plus, are eventually coming to Wallyworld in Southeast Michigan.
thumbsup2.gif

This is kind of an odd discussion for me to process. Kind of like Canadians talking about buying random non-automotive items at Canadian Tire.

I guess the closest kind of retailer in my part of California is Tractor Supply, which I'm guessing is much bigger than Rural King.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

Shopping for oil for friends and family since they already gave me funds. I grabbed a MOBIL Super syn 5w20 oil thats SN+ for the Camry that was "ran over" but was not leaking for $9.79 so that will be next oil on the 09' Camry
smile.gif

Was the tire track on that jug of Mobil Super-Synthetic that got run over, a straight-line thread, or was it an all-season tire?
crackmeup2.gif

BTW - Thanks for the heads-up that Pennzoil Yellow Bottle 5qt jugs in SN Plus, are eventually coming to Wallyworld in Southeast Michigan.
thumbsup2.gif

Joe, it had markings on jug
wink.gif

You're welcome also
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back