Rugby World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's happening. Watched the opening drama and first test match tonight. All blacks versus Tonga - 41 to 10 for us. It's 24 years since we won the World Cup,it's hard to believe the greatest rugby nation on the planet can't get it together at the right time.

I'm not a big rugby fan,but it'll be pretty hard to ignore for the next 6 weeks.

It's one of the more entertaining sports to watch. Unfortunately, it's not on broadcast TV where I live.

besides supporting my home country

the next team that I support is the Old Blacks NZ

lets hope these two meet only in the finals. would make for one huge match

The only opponent we see as worthy of playing against the All Blacks are the Springboks,it's the match we all want to see as the final. There was even a movie made about it.

Despite their best efforts Auckland's public transport collapsed under the strain last night. Just too many people in one place trying to get to another place,the ferries stopped running,there was chaos with the trains - an emergency button pushed,a broken down train,a fire extinguisher let off in a carriage,there was a bus crash. The good feeling went sour for some.

Tonight it's France/Japan,England/Argentina which I will watch. Tomorrow it's Aust/Italy,USA/Ireland and South Africa/Wales which should be a good one. I bet KZ Jones will be watching that one.

Ireland win over USA 22 to 10. Australia beat Italy 32 to 6,and the Springboks have a close win over Wales 17 to 16.

The South Africa/Wales match is being replayed at 10.00pm tonight....I'll watch some and hope I don't sucked in and end up with a late night.

I wish it was broadcast here on somethign other than PayPerView. They had the USA v Ireland test on NBC the day after. Just not the same though.

Rugby is really hard to find a decent stream of online. Cricket is so much easier, watched most of the matches of the CWC.

All games are live on sky - but I still think that they should pay me to watch television,and not that I should have to pay them. So I can watch the big matches live,some delayed,and a lot not at all. As I mentioned,I'm not a big rugby fan,but it's our national sport and this event is huge here. I'll be watching the All Blacks/Japan game live tonight.

The coaches are interesting - Austalia,Japan,Canada,Wales and maybe others all have NZ coaches.

Ireland 15 - Australia 6. Now that's a bit of an upset. No tries,a game of penalties,and most of them against Aust...5 from scrums alone. At the start the Aussies looked their usual confident selves,by the second half they were looking very worried,and stressed out into making even more mistakes.

Best plays of the game - the Aussie player holding the ball just being picked and carried bodily forward,or backward for him. And a 98 metre run by Ireland,only being taken down 2 metres from the line.

This might put Australia against South Africa in the semis.

We are into the semi finals now - France/Wales and Australia/New Zealand. I would like to see Wales win over France,just because it's great they got this far....everyone expected it to be the usual NZ,Aust,France and South Africa. New Zealand have never beaten Australia in a World Cup match,Australia have never beaten the All Blacks at Eden Park...so it all means nothing.

http://youtu.be/WazeyJtY7UQ

I enjoy watching Rugby. It's even on a over-the-air channel here. The only problem I have is I get tired just watching them play. It's probably the most physical and demanding sport.

New Zealand are World Cup Rugby Champions - NZ 8,France 7. That was one very close match,once again France stepped up their game and pushed the All Blacks all the way. After 24 years we hold the world Cup again,it was a long time coming. The country is in celebration....it's been a tough year for us here,this little bit of happiness is going to go a long way.

The edge was knocked off for me when I checked up on the MotoGP race - Marco Simoncelli has died from injuries. An up and coming rider to watch. I wondered why my live feed went down,but the RWC was the more important to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back