rubber treatments dry out rubber intentionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard this again at a family get together, do armorall, etc. and other treatments do this and if so what is the ingredient to avoid or look for in the good ones ?

Armor All got a bad rep back in the days when this was actually true but they changed their formulation several years ago - still, that bad rep is sticking with them.

Today AA is a water based dressing very similar to many others and is perfectly safe to use. Quite a few hardcore pros who frequent Autopia.org are using it again, provided they like the shine it gives. My only complaint is that for interior dressing it's a bit on the shiny side, but I like it on tires and plastic wheel well liners. For the interior I use Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer on a weekly basis, and their Hyperdressing cut 10:1 every couple of months.

303 Aerospace Protectant is the best vinyl/rubber treatment I have used. It will definitely not dry out your rubber or vinyl. It's water based and has the most UV protection of all the dressings.

IIRC black magic's tire shine products are still silicone based. Other products may not clearly say what they are on the bottle, which can make things tricky. I've always liked TW Tire Wax for tires and 2001 for interior, otherwise I dislike TW products generally. I love Megiuar's interior quik detailer and their foam detailer, too. But I haven't yet found a non-spray tire product that I like as much as TW Tire Wax, for shine (flexible shine, if you buff) and staying power (plus lack of slinging). While I'm at it, anyone know what was changed between TW 2001 and F21 sprays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back