RP Filter Info from the Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i have rp filter on my nissan that i bought at pep boys while i was working there in cincinnati. i just graduated and took a job in cleveland. come to find out there are no pep boys in this area of the state within 50mi. so i sent an email to rp last night to find out what i could do, since i'd like to keep using these. here's what they had to say

Quote:
David,

Perk up – no reason to be sad.
As you may have known, the RP Oil Filter introduction last year included a one year exclusive for Pep Boys.
Well that time is almost up and the oil filters are being released / made available to other retailers.

I do not have a list but starting in November, you should have other alternatives – including Summit Racing
www.summitracing.com
800-230-3030

Where you can order via online or phone and have the filters shipped to you.

Congrats on your engineering degree – who did you get a position with?

Sincerely,

David

David Canitz
Tech Services
Royal Purple Inc.
1 Royal Purple lane
Porter, TX 77365
713.725.7207 cell
[email protected]

this is great news! i figured i'd pass it on for all to know.

Originally Posted By: buickmaster
yeah no kidding. i sent this at 10:30p last night and got the reply in a hour.

That is quick, especially at the time you sent your message. I am glad they will not just be a Pep Boys only item.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: Jason2007
Just more proof that RP is a good company with solid products.

A product that they don't make.

Right.....

Just more proof that RP is a good company with solid products.

How in the world does that prove their oil filter is good?

got another email back with better detail (sort of)

Quote:
David,

Starting Nov 9th we will be releasing our filters to all major retailers who currently stock Royal Purple. We release our filters under a one year contract with Pep Boys, because we did not know how well they would do in the market. Now that things have gone so well, we will continue to push and make the filters, as well as offer them to a wider range of parts stores.

Thanks,

Kyle Neal

Royal Purple, Inc.

1 Royal Purple Lane

Porter, TX 77365

office - 888-362-8300

cell - 713-705-9556

[email protected]

Looks like I'll get to try out this RP oil filter after all
banana2.gif

The personal bias that has seeped into this place over the last couple years is getting ridiculous. You don't have to like a certain brand, but to denegrate them as if they are a junkyard dog is pathetic.

The personal bias that has seeped into this place over the last couple years is getting ridiculous.

Humm
lol.gif
, seems "personal bias" is basically the same as "someone's opinion". Take them as they come ... nobody puts a gun to anyone's head, and everyone can chose what or what not to buy at any time in this country.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
How in the world does that prove their oil filter is good?

They don't have to. It's purple! Can't you see the logic????

Just kidding. It is supposed to be a good filter. And I like their oil, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back