Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK first of all i know people is gonna hate me because im about to say this.
Royal Purple is not as good as what people says or advertisements says about it.

So for my n16 i notice that the oil thins out at about 8000km and starts to burns.
For my s13 i also notice that the oil thins out at around 5000km and again starts to burns.(recently switched to dino oil )

Its an okay oil but i find it thins down too quick. IF someone needs to use royal purple they would need to change it often like regular oil.
But this is just me, from what i heard RP works well for others

Last edited:
Have you sent the oil in for analysis to see if it's actually thinning out? I doubt it is.

Originally Posted By: Nissan101
OK first of all i know people is gonna hate me because im about to say this.
Royal Purple is not as good as what people says or advertisements says about it.

So for my n16 i notice that the oil thins out at about 8000km and starts to burns.
For my s13 i also notice that the oil thins out at around 5000km and again starts to burns.(recently switched to dino oil )

Its an okay oil but i find it thins down too quick. IF someone needs to use royal purple they would need to change it often like regular oil.
But this is just me, from what i heard RP works well for others

Why should people hate you? All you did was come on here, bash a product with absolutely no proof and mostly a bunch of drivel. Even with a few data points or even just one car is not even close enough to say if an oil is better or worse.

Last edited:
Is it turning black? Possibly fuel contamination? Hard to believe XPS 20W50 would be "thin" or sheared in only 5K KM, 3100 miles. A UOA is definitely in order, esp. with RP $$.

The fact remains is that some vehicles are cut out for extended OCIs, and some are not. Or, more accurately, you can extend some out further than others. The taxis on LPG were a lot different than an older carbed example, or perhaps a new GDI example. You can spend all you want on an oil, but sometimes the ROI just isn't there. Other times, it might be.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

Why should people hate you? All you did was come on here, bash a product with absolutely no proof and mostly a bunch of drivel. Even with a few data points or even just one car is not even close enough to say if an oil is better or worse.

Ease up dude. He said he had it analyzed and would post later.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

Great, a single data point will condemn an entire brand as not as good as advertised. I could care less about RP but do we need another RP bashing get thread?

Great, a single data point will condemn an entire brand as not as good as advertised. I could care less about RP but do we need another RP bashing get thread?

2 Nissans....2 data points.

No, we don't.

Nor do we need another blast of condescending or hysterically negative forum posts.

I have never been enamored by Royal Purple. We tried some of their race oils and soon switched back to Redline.

But I have to ask, why a boutique oil in a standard street car? There are so many good production oils out there, why reach to the expensive stuff over in the corner?

One can never be sure what's available elsewhere. Royal Purple up here is a valid option. It's regular retail price is very competitive with anything else. It's sale prices, not so much. But, at my corporate rate, it's almost as good as anything else out there, particularly if I don't want to hunt for specials or didn't want to buy in bulk.

So, maybe he spent $30 a litre for RP imported from the States brought in on a winged steed. Or, perhaps it's not any worse than buying M1 in his locale.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

No need to put words in my mouth, that's not what I'm saying. I AM saying that the UOA will show if the oil thinned out of grade during the run. Not to condemn, but rather to show that RP's OCI in this engine should be shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back