Royal Purple users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but that just fills up land-fills... Isn't it better to do it the BITOG way and keep it running Forever and ever?
13.gif

Originally Posted By: Ndx
As option you cold go with Castrol GC ...
Well thats true also but I think I'll just try a run of RP and see if I like it. With whats going on here lately with M1 I'm almost enbarrased to admit I've used it for over 20 years with no problems. I still have no problem using it but as a typical guy I'm ready for something different!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: SAJEFFC
... but as a typical guy I'm ready for something different!
LOL.gif

Something Younger...
LOL.gif

Yep...never tried a young purple one before!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ndx
As option you cold go with Castrol GC ...
Well thats true also but I think I'll just try a run of RP and see if I like it. With whats going on here lately with M1 I'm almost enbarrased to admit I've used it for over 20 years with no problems. I still have no problem using it but as a typical guy I'm ready for something different!
LOL.gif

That's just the anti-M1 crowd getting to you. Don't let it.

I don't see Valvoline meeting Honda HTO-06. Yet Mobil does. I don't see a Valvoline grade that matches M1 TDT/Delvac 1. Or M1 0w40.

They focused on the 5w30 because apparently (according to Ashland) they have found a "chink" in M1's armour. I am very disappointed they (XOM) have not given us any real info yet. But that doesn't mean their products are inferior.

It's always in fashion to hate on Mobil 1.

I used M1 for 80K in my SUV with great results... I think it's a darn good oil, I just think Amsoil is better because my UOA's seem to be better. I would still use it if I couldn't afford Amsoil or it was all that was available to me!
wink.gif

I`ve always wondered what gives RP it`s unique smell.........it smells like the moly grease I used in my short shifter. Is it the high moly content in their oil??????

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I`ve always wondered what gives RP it`s unique smell.........it smells like the moly grease I used in my short shifter. Is it the high moly content in their oil??????
Funny you should mention that. The 5W20 must be different than what you use because it literally smelled good to me! Don't laugh but I swear it smelled like grapes!
blush.gif
None of the chemical/petroleum smell of most oils.
21.gif

Funny you should mention that. The 5W20 must be different than what you use because it literally smelled good to me! Don't laugh but I swear it smelled like grapes!
blush.gif
21.gif

Maybe my tried and true 20W50 has it`s own unique fragrance
11.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
And the crazy thing is a worn out engine will probably pollute more than a converter not working properly because of some ZINC Exposure. But a worn out engine will definitely degrade a converter so it makes much more sense to protect the engine and not the converter... Guess that's why I work in the Food Industry!
LOL.gif

+1 Agreed.

Zulu which food industry company do you work for? hehehe Just kiddin'

I sometimes think I'm the only one with a logical way of thinking, then I met all you wonderful folks on BITOG that seem to have the same way of thinking I do... We should all run for Government and clean up the mess!
LOL.gif

blush.gif
21.gif

Well let me tell you the 5W-20 anyway smells god awful if it drips on a hot exhaust. The stupid tech who did my OC when I ran 5W-20 that one time forgot to tighten the drain plug. It slowly worked loose and started dripping oil that was blown onto the exhaust as I drove. Man did that STINK! I wanted to puke. Never smelled anythying so foul.

As to your SL/SM concerns. RP does offer a supplemental warranty dealing with using their SL oils in vehicles calling for SM should it ever cause problems for you. Put whatever weight on this supplemental warranty you so choose. I am just providing it for you as an FYI and I don't encourage you to believe it nor tell you to disbelieve it...

PAGE 1:
rpslwarranty1.jpg

PAGE 2:
rpslwarranty2.jpg

In my opinion, run Amsoil Oil like the other oils and You may find that Amsoil may be like all of the other oils...no special equipment installation, just run Amsoil Oil like you would any other oil through the filter of your choice then run the tests like UOA or whatever.....Amsoil may work as well as any other oil.......In my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back