Royal Purple Oil Filters

What is the consensus on these? I've been running them on my truck, I can get them for $10. So decent price.

But are they still considered very high quality filters on the forum?

What is the consensus on these? I've been running them on my truck, I can get them for $10. So decent price.

How are you getting them for $10?
Yes they are still high quality filters.
For $10 they would be well worth it. A guy could use them for 2ocis most likely. Or 1 really long run.

Good Morning Phishin,
The Royal Purple and Fram Endurance oil filters are identical and are very good. The Fram Endurance sells at Walmart for $12.49 and the Royal Purple sells at O'Reilly's for $18.99. It would be prudent to check both the seller and the product if the RP filter is being offered for $10.

The one difference I've seen posted between the RP and say the current Fram FE and Amsoil oil filter, some RP have been seen with an ecore center tube as opposed to metal. Not saying that's as a negative, just a difference seen.

With that said, RP for $10. well worth that imo and my observation of the previous RP oil filters posted here.

If by "very high quality filters", the filtering ability is most important to you, the Fram Endurance has slightly better filtering ability.

Fram's documentation says, "FRAM Synthetic Endurance™ oil filters are optimized for use with synthetic oil to deliver 99% filtration efficiency and maximum engine protection for 25,000 miles (40,000 kilometers)" ("FRAM Group testing of average filter efficiency of FE8A, FE3387A and FE4967 or equivalent FRAM TG or EG models under ISO 4548-12 for particles greater than 20 microns") and the Royal Purple says "99% particles 25 microns & larger, 80% particles 10 microns & larger".

Ed

I'm getting these filters from my friend who owns a HP Race Shop. He's gets "credit" because he's sponsored by RP and runs their own and filters on his race machines. He's just doing me a factor and passing on his savings. They are legit RP's and brand new.

Royal purples are much too restricted for my V6 Camry. Excessive cold start rattling an engine oil light stays on for a couple of seconds.

I've found that some models of RP oil filters are equal in price to the Fram Endurance. Not $10 per filter, as that's a deal.

Royal purples are much too restricted for my V6 Camry. Excessive cold start rattling an engine oil light stays on for a couple of seconds.
That's the ADBV allowing oil in the system to drain down. Not caused by "filter restriction". The PD oil pump ensures oil volume gets through the filter to the engine. The engine's oiling system is typically 15 times more flow restrictive than the oil filter.

Back