Royal Purple ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: deven
the gear shifts are not uniform and the 3rd to 4th gear takes much higher rpms to shift.

How does this relate to the characteristics of the fluid? I think the problem is in the programming of the electronic unit, or maybe a mechanical or electronic defect, but is it a fluid problem?

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Originally Posted By: CompSyn
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
But, to make it perfectly clear, if you use molasses (or something other than Z-1) in the trans, and it fails, they can deny that particular warranty claim.

More specifically, they would have to furnish the part that failed and prove that the lubricant caused the failure in order for them to deny the warranty claim. Anything other than this and they would have to answer to the Federal Trade Commission. See also, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637)

Yeah, but...but if they just stonewall you, what are you going to do? Sue? No lawyer will take a case that small unless you pay them a lot. Complain with a state consumer protection agency? Good luck getting any action any time soon. Meanwhile, your car is out of action.

We’ve gotten a bit off topic here, but if issues with a warranty claim ever went that far south and I doubt it would, you could first take it to corporate if were talking about an automaker. They would know better and make things right. If that didn’t work, you could take it to small claims court and also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

There are laws set in place to protect consumers against things like this.

Worried about getting the car fixed in the mean time? It's usually possible to find good OEM certified mechanics working at smaller mom & pop shops which usually do better work for less money then the dealerships, at least that's what I've found. Get the work done and then submit the bill to the warranty holder.

If you can show that RP MaxATF meets or exceeds "all" of the specification requirements of the OE fluid they can not void your warranty because you used it as the wrong fluid. That is incorrect info.

I will say as big an RP fan as I am( no bigger on this board )I would be cautious in your Honda tranny using anything but a certified or OE tranny fluid. As other have said they are very particular about the atf used. May be because the OE fluid is c rap or it may be because the tranny's are poorly designed?

MaxATF is great stuff don't get me wrong but you are talking using a universal fluid in a tranny known to have issues.
21.gif
The company is very reputable however and if you have it in writing that they will stand behind the tranny for 100K then give it a whirl.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
If you can show that RP MaxATF meets or exceeds "all" of the specification requirements of the OE fluid they can not void your warranty because you used it as the wrong fluid. That is incorrect info.

I will say as big an RP fan as I am( no bigger on this board )I would be cautious in your Honda tranny using anything but a certified or OE tranny fluid. As other have said they are very particular about the atf used. May be because the OE fluid is c rap or it may be because the tranny's are poorly designed?

MaxATF is great stuff don't get me wrong but you are talking using a universal fluid in a tranny known to have issues.
21.gif
The company is very reputable however and if you have it in writing that they will stand behind the tranny for 100K then give it a whirl.

I don't know.. I am a pretty big Royal Purple fanboy.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: peterdes
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

21.gif

I don't know.. I am a pretty big Royal Purple fanboy.
wink.gif

Been running it for 20 years and I am 6' 3" and 300 lbs. Top that!
LOL.gif

Just to clarify, the warranty is actually 7 years OR 100,000 miles whichever comes first.

NHHEMI, thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll be the guinea pig and run this for 7 years or 100k which ever comes first. Most likely it will be the 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back