Royal Dutch Shell leaving the Netherlands.

Good for Unilever and good for Shell. The Dutch people made doing business in their country unreasonable for these companies so they pack up and leave.
They like others will learn from this.
Like so many news stories you have to read the last few sentences to understand why they left.
It’s no different then why we and our families may move to a more family and company friendly state

They're not really leaving. They're just reestablishing HQ in a different location and apparently doing so for tax purposes.
Just like Americans do when they move to a more tax friendly state. Yeah, they are leaving, I agree they are moving their HQ for tax purposes. Sure much of the existing business will be there but this is now the second major corporation to bolt from them, it sets a tone for corporations and future business in their country. Two HUGE corporations have now left, that sends a huge signal to the world that it is not a very corporation friendly country.

They do take notice and it is a sting for them as they most likely thought Shell was making empty threats and didnt take it serious.
Just the Dutch angry responses tell a story that they did not expect this to happen.

Anyway, I agree with you, these public servants are not anymore intelligent then the population, have their big heads in the clouds /// thinking they have the power to control and tax anything.

Just like Americans do when they move to a more tax friendly state. Yeah, they are leaving, I agree they are moving their HQ for tax purposes. Sure much of the existing business will be there but this is now the second major corporation to bolt from them, it sets a tone for corporations and future business in their country. Two HUGE corporations have now left, that sends a huge signal to the world that it is not a very corporation friendly country.

They do take notice and it is a sting for them as they most likely thought Shell was making empty threats and didnt take it serious.
Just the Dutch angry responses tell a story that they did not expect this to happen.

Anyway, I agree with you, these public servants are not anymore intelligent then the population, have their big heads in the clouds /// thinking they have the power to control and tax anything.

Headquarters are frankly a rather nebulous thing. I've seen plenty of Silicon Valley companies that are legally incorporated/headquartered in some small office (or even just what's effectively a mailbox in the Cayman Islands or Singapore. But this does sound like upper management will be operating out of the UK now.

Who’s next, Philips?
PPG wanted to buy out AkzoNobel. That wasn’t approved by the FTC and the EU - that would have given PPG more of the paint market - especially the automotive and architectural markets. AkzoNobel is a solely paint company now much like PPG is - much like PPG sold their glass holdings to Vitro, AkzoNobel sold their core chemicals business to highest bidder.

Back