Roush "K&N" vs. Amsoil EaAU4070 Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the deal with the Roush filter:
Roush Air Filter
Quote:
This ROUSH® air filter works with the 2001-2004 Mustang ROUSH Cold Air Intake Kit (part #SM01-8K100-A). The ROUSH air filter media is a synthetic nano-fiber material that traps the smallest dirt particles that ordinary cotton-gauze "performance" filters can’t capture. Based on SAE standards, ROUSH air filters capture almost twice the percentage of 2 micron particulates, and more than six times the amount of 0.5 micron particulates than our competitors’ filters. Furthermore, ROUSH air filters are constructed using the finest materials available today, featuring a hand-poured urethane body that won’t crack, curl or shrink like other rubber or plastisol units used by our competitors. ROUSH air filtration performance is second to none. This ROUSH air filter is 100% washable, reusable and features a lifetime warranty.

Since being established in 1976 as Jack Roush Performance Engineering, ROUSH has become the winningest name in racing, with numerous championships in professional drag racing, road racing, and NASCAR. The ROUSH company is also recognized internationally as a premier provider of automotive product development and systems integration solutions, with more than 2,000 employees in facilities across the globe. The company's success remains deeply rooted in the core values that are unique to ROUSH: reliance upon the talent of the individual, a disciplined work ethic, scrupulous attention to detail, and an acutely intense desire to be the best. As a result, every ROUSH product shares in this rich tradition of racing performance and the highest level of OEM quality and design.

Not sure of the filtration levels of this compared to the Amsoil filter, so I was hoping for some help dissecting the information for both of these? The Amsoil EA filter is also $10 more than this Roush filter, so if I were to replace it, I want to make the right choice.

Thanks.

I would start by finding out who makes the air filter media for Roush.

We already know that Donaldson makes the air filter media for Amsoil.

Is the Amsoil air filter a lifetime air filter or is it 4 years or 100,000 miles.

Roush won't say for sure, but most believe it is a relabled K&N, though it is supposedly "just as good if not better."

I think the Amsoil warranty is 100K/4yrs and the Roush has a lifetime just like the K&N. The only difference, which I am trying to confirm right now, is the Roush "K&N" doesn't need to be oiled.

If Roush will not say for sure, then look elsewhere.

I would look at an AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, just go too there site, you can call them up and they will answer all of your questions.

I have one of there air filters on my Marauder, and it is a lifetime air filter that does not need to be oiled.

Looking at the aFe filter for my app, 21-40507, it looks almost exactly like the one in there now! Same color element (light gray) with black mesh, rubber ends, dry element just like I'm thinking the Roush one is supposed to be (most oil because they assume it is K&N, therefore oil it with the kit and it is dry from the factory)...

Here's that aFe one:
200x200_dryfilterpic1.jpg

Here's the Roush one: [EDIT: the base on this Roush one is .5" wider than the above one. Maybe thats why the bottom of this one looks wider)
SM01-8100-B_385x270.jpg

Last edited:
The AFE one looks like it has more pleats, just give them a call tommorow.

Remember, someone is making the Roush Air Filter and they are just putting there name on it.

FOR THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE THE AMSOIL EaAU4070 IS A NICER LOOKING FILTER WITH THE OPEN END, CHROME RING AND BLUE COLOR.

LOL, honestly though, I couldn't care less how it looks. It sits completely inside of the fenderwell. Never called, have some other things I have to take care of first and my filter on the car isn't really bad anyways. My UAO may have some higher silicone because the filter was actually kind of dirtier than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back