Rotella T6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TrackerTracker
Rotella T6 (and all Rotella oils for that matter) are NOT recommended for use in gas engines having cat converters. This comes direct from Rotellas tech department (I have the e-mail they sent me today). Here's what they say:

"Dear Sir,
You should always follow the viscosity recommendations in your owner's manual. Please note that Rotella oils are not recommended for gasoline vehicles with catalytic converters.
Best Regards,
Shell Technical"

Reason why is the high Phosphorous level. New ILSEC standards want P levels down to 800 ppm or lower to preserve cat life. Rotella chose not to do it since their customer base is the diesel community.

So...are we democrats or republicans? If we are Democrats we will ignore technical advice that comes direct from the oil producer and continue to use an oil that is not recommended for use in our gas engines having cat converters because that's what democrats do...ignore facts. If we are conservatives, we acknowledge facts, even in this case if they happen to be facts we would not otherwise like to hear, and we will discontinue using T6 in our gas engines with cat converters. What say you in the oil community????

Does that mean you are ignoring facts again eh !!!
28.gif

I had read they did cut T6 to 800 and it is good to know T6 is still high z and p. All of our vehicles with CATS are rated SM or older so they must have better CATS.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back