Rotella T5 blend in Ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen it in stores around the GTA? seen plenty of conventional 15w40 and full syn 5w40 at Canadian tire etc but havent seen the T5 10w30 etc, where can a guy find some around here?

Check Partsource. CT out here, too, usually only has the two you mentioned. I can only find T5 at Partsource. Also, you might have a SOPUS distributor out there. Out west, we got whittled down to nothing.

I just returned from CT in Keswick, ON. They have the T5 synthetic blend 0W40. When I read the back of the label on the jug it said "Meets API specification CG, CF." It also said it meets some Allison spec as well. CG hasn't been specified since the early 1990s I believe. Check the label carefully before buying. Wouldn't want a CG oil in your new Dmax, Powerstroke or Cummins with a DPF.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pennzoil_guru
I just returned from CT in Keswick, ON. They have the T5 synthetic blend 0W40. When I read the back of the label on the jug it said "Meets API specification CG, CF." It also said it meets some Allison spec as well. CG hasn't been specified since the early 1990s I believe. Check the label carefully before buying. Wouldn't want a CG oil in your new Dmax, Powerstroke or Cummins with a DPF.

Just posted in another thread; you're right. I don't know if it was as old as a CG spec, but it didn't meet the latest specs, either. T6 was there, for a few dollars cheaper than the T5. The only reason I noticed the T5 was that I thought it might be nice for my old F-150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back