Rotella T4 15w40 vs Delvac 1300 15w40

Hello.Is there any advantage to running one or the other on an ISX 15?
There's one line of T4 with different viscosity. Then there's Different lines of Delvac. Delvac 1300, Delvac Extreme, etc. I'm sure all of them meet cummins oil spec.

In a reasonable OCI, there probably isn't going to be an advantage of one over the other. Rotella T4 might have a slightly more robust additive package, according to recent tests from PQIA:

Hello.Is there any advantage to running one or the other on an ISX 15?
about the only advantage I can think of is Rotella is sold everywhere and Mobil Delvac is only sold almost everywhere. Cummins usually specs a 15w40 CK4 that meets the CES 20086 spec , which is pretty much all the mass market diesel engine oils.

Use whichever one is easiest to obtain for you. They are both great oils. The company I retired from ran the 1300 in all series of Cat, Cummins, Detroit (except the two strokes), Macks, and Mercedes engines. But I’m sure it was because of price for the amount they were buying. Their trucks were set for 50,000 mile oci’s and were sold after reaching 1 million miles. I’m sure Rotella could and has done the same.

if a person goes the Fleet and Farm route for HDEO's
5 gallons of Traveller is 59 bucks at TSC.
same price for Providence Rural King label.. 59.
Walmart sells the Delvac 1300 in the 5 gallon pails for 64. ( which also has a rebate right now)
I'm assuming when someone said pennies on the dollar, they mean this sort of thing. :)

if a person goes the Fleet and Farm route for HDEO's
5 gallons of Traveller is 59 bucks at TSC.
same price for Providence Rural King label.. 59.
Walmart sells the Delvac 1300 in the 5 gallon pails for 64. ( which also has a rebate right now)
I'm assuming when someone said pennies on the dollar, they mean this sort of thing. :)

I came across a deal about 2 years ago that had Mystik JT-8 in 6 gallon boxes. It was on clearance for $29.99 with a $20 rebate. I bought the last 2 they had. So yes pennies on the dollar at $9.99 for 6 gallons.

Just my $0.02

I came across a deal about 2 years ago that had Mystik JT-8 in 6 gallon boxes. It was on clearance for $29.99 with a $20 rebate. I bought the last 2 they had. So yes pennies on the dollar at $9.99 for 6 gallons.

Just my $0.02
yeah, you are my kind of shopper.
I kick myself in the butt for not buying all the 5w40 Rural King brand synthetic when RK clearanced it at 12 bucks for the 2 gallon jugs.. they were switching to Providence brand at that time point.

yeah, you are my kind of shopper.
I kick myself in the butt for not buying all the 5w40 Rural King brand synthetic when RK clearanced it at 12 bucks for the 2 gallon jugs.. they were switching to Providence brand at that time point.
if it meets the spec run it! I used to be brand loyal on oil and I find I'm being less loyal as time goes on... 🤷‍♂️

The bigger focus is on my wallet!

Just my $0.02

Whatever is cheapest and meets the spec which they all pretty much do. Super tech diesel is what I use, i get it in the 8qt jugs unless it's sold out so I'll get delvac and then t4.

Back