Rotella question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience running Rotella Dino or T5 in gasoline applications? I was looking into trying out the Rotella 10w30 for a friend(changing the oil on his 1992 corolla) as they have the Dino on sale at advance and the T5 is comparable to the price of PYB at walmart. (I know they are gallon jugs as opposed to the 5 qts of other brands) He wanted to try another brand because his consumption has been a little higher as of late.

Last edited:
Very common. Works great, although I don't have one of my own UOAs to reference. The "SM" designation indicates it's more than adequate for gasoline powered engines. It's been my every day oil in my Mustang most of the past 3 years.

Why not? I've used it many times, including a recent run in my Caddy over last winter. I didn't really notice a change in consumption though.

Rotella is great stuff, have used it often in the Jeep and at one point had it in all 4 cars at the same time.

Probably won't do much for consumption though it is a little thicker...if consumption is the issue I'd suggest Maxlife.

Not to hijack this thread but going thicker by a little doesnt dramatically reduce consumption. I have a friend with a neglected 93 Civic that has made wonders of progress with M1HM. A little expensive at 22.47 per 5qts at Wallyworld but this stuff has made me a believer. Give it 2 OCI's, I bet you will see a difference.

BTW Rotella is a great lube I am sure of, just not for mod to severe oil consumption.

Rotella is good stuff, but for consumption issues I would try a high mileage oil like Maxlife or Mobil Super HM.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Originally Posted By: beast3300
Yup, I ran T6 and T5 in my deceased Regal with no problem.

No problem except that it is deceased!

Haha! Body was no good. The motor and trans are in my garage.

Lot of good things said (posted) about Rotella products. Also popular for OPE too. Still a good $$ value robust oil.

Thanks for replies guys. I think ill try that for a good 4000 mile oci on his corolla and see how it does. If not i may want to have him try my old ace in the hole Valvoline Maxlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back