Rotella 15w40 2600 miles Kawasaki 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is good or bad. They did say that they didn't expect the copper or iron to be as high as they are, not really sure what to make of this.

oil17000.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it too much...Until you compare with other bikes of the same model there's no way to tell for sure...Looks like you're their "unit average"....I'm assuming this is one of Kawasaki's V-twins...What kind of riding do you do ? Lots of full throttle or high rpm ? Any high rpm throttle blipping upon startup ? or just normal easy riding ?

congrats on being the unit average.

rule 1: dont read the stoners words when it comes to bikes.

rule 2: see rule 1

your hdeo is in grade after 2600 miles. how typical.

flash is pretty awesome at 410. so no fuel.

silicon is decently low. so good air filters.

alum is on the lower side.

iron and copper could be high or normal for your motor. could merely be rust and scraping that off.
how much clutch abuse do you give it?
background scatter of 1-3 (lead of 3? really? come on stoners!)
pota and sodi of 4 and 5? really stoners or is this left over from another oil?

do you change the oil filter with each oil change?

dont know if i would change anything other than a resample in 2600 or 5200 miles.

steve

To answer what's been asked, yes this is a v-twin. 99% of the time it's normal easy riding. No blipping on startup, I got over that years ago. Yes the filter is changed every time I change the oil (2500 miles or so). I do run the clutch in the friction zone in tight turns when starting out from a stop.

So it sounds like I should just wait and resample at the next oil change.

Yeah.......Like sunruh said it very well might be completely normal for that bike....As for the oil it definitely held up extremely well...I just did an oil change today and put in Rotella 15W40 and except for a couple of OCI's with Delvac and one OCI with DELO I have been running Rotella 15W40 since I had 600 miles on the bike which currently has 23,000 miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back