Roomba manufacturer refurbished.

I just had laminate flooring installed and looking into these. They come with a 2 year parts/labor warranty, so I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Anyone have the one with the home mapping system that self recharges? Is it worthwhile?

Thanks.

We have one. It does a good job of cleaning but will get stuck in the most random of places. Like pushing a door shut and getting trapped in a room till the battery dies or especially recliners. Ours will keep pushing to get farther under a recliner until it can no longer move under the weight. Then of course any errant socks, blanket hanging over the edge of the bed or curtains that drag the floor will get caught and stop it as well.

I have a wyze vacuum and works well. Groupon.com currently has refurbished for $179.00

Received one as a gift...an Anker Eufy. Works well at keeping hardwood floors and an area rug clean. But it constantly gets stuck under a sofa that's been raised to accommodate it. You need to empty it every day.
It's easier to run a stick vacuum.

I just had laminate flooring installed and looking into these. They come with a 2 year parts/labor warranty, so I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Anyone have the one with the home mapping system that self recharges? Is it worthwhile?

Thanks.
We had all of the carpeting replaced with laminate also and my wife splurged and purchased the I6 Roomba from an online source. She got the one which she can custom map and it is also empties itself upon returning to "home". Been using it every day for the last 14 months or so and she loves it!

It will get stuck occasionally as mentioned and ours loves getting stuck under the front plastic piece on the refrigerator. We do about 800 square foot of flooring everyday and the battery is still going strong. Funniest message she got one day when it got stuck at the top step going towards the basement was something to the effect of "Roomba is about to fall off a cliff" or something like that.

She likes that she can control it all with her iPhone no matter where she is and it is easy to remap or exclude an area if need be. Only thing she doesn't use it in are the bathrooms because it tends to suck up the carpeted toilet mats. You also have to make sure all cords and cables are not able to be in its reach. I have lost two charging cables that were on the floor near my chair which I forgot and the Roomba tangled them up and destroyed them.

We have a Neabot N2. We like it a lot. It will map out the house, you can then partition the map into rooms and select if you want the entire house cleaned or just a couple of rooms. You can also set "no go zones" in places where it gets stuck. It will self empty when the cleaning is complete.
The Neabot also has the ability to mop a floor. We have not yet tried that feature so I can't comment on it.
Our previous robot vacuum was a Roomba 880. The Neabot is so far ahead of the Roomba. The Roomba is quite old, so not really fair to compare the two.

We use the Roomba i7 with home base. It was kind of expensive, but it's been really good. It does require some periodic maintenance like wiping off the sensors, cleaning any hair out of the rollers and things like that.
I control mine with my S10 android. Been running mine for about 5 years now with no failures. Over that period, many improvements have been made to the program and it keeps getting better.
It does miss certain areas that you would normally do if vacuuming by hand, like behind open doors and hidden areas. It does easily go under most furniture since it is very low profile. You can also program "No Go" zones if you have a place where it can get stuck.
Got mine from Shopmyexchange.com (for military vets) no tax and free FedEx shipping.
Yes, I'd recommend getting one.

We have a winner. The first person in this thread to answer what the OP asked.
Appears to me and the others who responded to the question as originally asked was "Anyone have the one with the home mapping system that self recharges? Is it worthwhile?"

Not sure how you have a "winner" when an answer was given to a question which wasn't even asked? Where does the OP ask about a refurbed unit? He said he was considering one but never asked about the refurbed unit as to buying it or not because of it being refurbed.

Thanks.
I dont have an answer for you but I am curious too. I do want to say the Roomba has been incredibly reliable. We bought new, I dont see how you can go wrong with 2 year parts and labor though I tend to avoid and look for sales instead.
We liked our first Roomba purchased about five years ago (870) and still running with no repairs, we recently in the last year or two bought a second one (E5). My wife has names for both of them *LOL*, she has them do regular cleaning in different parts of the house limited by inferred virtual walls so they dont cross into the others space.
However these are not the mapping ones, they are higher up models but just short of mapping. My wife is really impressed with the first one, 5 years old, still same battery, feels maybe its built more solid than the newer one. Minor stuff.
The only thing ever replaced on these was the typical replaceable side brush and I think rollers on the older one after a long time.

We still vacuum once a week if that with an upright, the Roomba to us is maintenance, our very light colored carpets in our 15 year old home are pristine (we dont wear shoes in the house) but we are on the verge of thinking of replacing in the next few years.

Back