Ronald Reagan passed on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I heard. I still remember the day he fired all the Airline Controllers. The man had the biggest gonads in the world. RIP

It's a sad day. Ronald Reagan, one of the greatest US presidents of all time dies. I agree with Al.
wink.gif
The influence this man had on the world us incredible.

[ June 05, 2004, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Al, I wrote a letter to the White House in support of RWR's actions with the air traffic controllers and received a response thanking me for that support.

The leader of the free world should not bow to a union, Ronald Reagan did not.

He had a great influence on the map of the world. May he rest in peace.

[ June 05, 2004, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: GROUCHO MARX ]

It is sad to know that he has passed on. I hope his family finds comfort after this long slow fadeout.

I'm still proud that my first vote in a Presidential election was for him.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

I think when the history books about Ronald Reagan are finally written (and assuming they are written truthfully and not by some sort of weird political correct dingbats), Reagan will be considered one of American's (and one of the world's) greatest leaders. Just as the elite call President Bush a 'Cowboy' today, the elite used to refer to President Reagan as a 'Cowboy.' They derided him and considered him not very bright (like themselves, of course). Some of the elite ridiculed Reagan for his speech that the Soviet Union should tear down the Berlin Wall. Well, the wall did eventually come down. I was shocked that an empire as powerful as the Soviet Union could have imploded like it did. But it did, and Reagan had a strong role in that.

Reagan believed in a 'old fashioned' foreign policy based on morality, and he had a belief that people should be free. He had a vision about what he felt the world should be like. He was a giant of a man compared to the know it all elitists. Maybe he could not speak 14 languages and maybe he did not have some sort of fancy university degrees. Yes, he had been an actor and had been a cowboy in movies. But he, unlike most of the elitists, will have a major chapter in the history books.

It is a sad day for the Reagan family. However history will also take note that not all of Reagans actions were good for this country. Peace Ronny.

I expected nothing but trouble after he bombed Libya. Instead, Gadafi seemed to have gotten the message.

I like a president that the rest of the world worries about what he might do, rather than one that worries what the rest of the world might do.

[ June 05, 2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: labman ]

Re-elected for a second term in the biggest landslide in history. His passing is a loss of one of our greatest Presidents that ever held office. My deepest condolences to his family.

patriot.gif

Growing up as a young man my Dad made the whole family watch any adress's made by the President! He literaly meant it when he used the title Comander and Chief! We prayed ever night that God would guide our president's actions. I had tremdious respect for RWR. I was quite liberal as a young man but I never had any doubts that RWR had the countrys best interest in mind with each decision he made! I liked the fat that he stood for he belived in. If he said something he meant it! He followed through. He did not back down from a threat! HE was not afraid to exercise out military might!

I sit here right now deeply sadened by his passing! I have not felt the same respect for any of the presidents we have had since.

My Mom has the same condition that RR had, she is in a nursing home close to my house and I am able to see her everyday. So far she still knows who I am. I know that the last years had to break Nancy's heart. It is really a blessing that he passed, since he was really aready gone.

OMG.....I can't believe this! Cheese man, I hear this morning his health has deteriorated a a little and now I come here and he's dead!
frown.gif

These are real sad news!
Anyway......here is one for one of our best presidents the world has ever seen!
patriot.gif

The Great Cold War Warrior is gone.

With everything else he did he also must be remembered for arguably setting the stage for our military being as awesome as it is today.

Desert Storm part I was the first test drive of all Reagans multi-billion dollar toy budget.

Ever since be it Bosnia, etc all those "obsolete[as certain libs called them]" cold-war toys definately had crucial missions to play well after Reagan's time.

That is fore-thought.

The world has lost a great man. His wife has lost a dear husband (though. sadly, he was slowly lost over the last ten years). I did not appreciate all he did at the time of his Presidency, but I have learned. I understand that he respected the Office of the Presidency so deeply that he never entered the Oval Office without wearing a coat and tie. God bless you, Mr. Reagan. Thank you for all you were and all you accomplished.

Have our flag flying at 1/2 staff since yesterday afternoon.

I'm afraid we'll never see another President quite like him in my lifetime.

The current President obviously is trying to model much of his administration after Reagan's two terms, the moral convction especially, but of course, he's falling short. Reagan was a once in a lifetime political leader.

As for the ivory tower liberals wrote write the history books actually getting it right, I'm not holding my breath.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

I was born right after he was elected, and unfortunately I don't believe that there will be a better president in my lifetime. RIP

I will always remember him as being the president who took over a nation that was in an absolute funk both economically and psychologically and made it cool to cheer for your country again. People forget the protests in Europe against his policies regarding the way he dealt with the USSR. Those protests dwarf any anti-war protest you saw recently over there and here. Yet he stuck to his guns (literally), looked the threat right in the eyes and won the staredown. Instead of appeasing the USSR, he put an economic stranglehold on them and forced it into submission and in the process freed millions from opression.

When I was growing up, I remember as a kid hearing stories about what RWR was doing in office, and what a great man he is. I see that same audacity in Bush Jr and he is a major reason for me joining the armed forces. I would have been proud to serve in a Reagan military as much as I am proud of serving in a Bush military.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back