Rock climbing pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I couldn't find any car photos to post in my recent TCO thread, so I thought I'd post other interesting ones from the last year over here...

Climbing in Tuolumne Meadows (Yosemite NP), backpacking in to climb Charlotte Dome (Kings Canyon NP), and one from Joshua Tree NP...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

no but a lot of falls are caused from small rocks dislodging from above and hitting you in the head. A friend of mine almost fell from that.

"Why would you jump out of perfectly good airplane???"

"Why would you climb a nice vertical huge rock???"

IDK either.

But if you like it? By all means climb that huge rock.

I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane many times, but sure couldn't do that rock climbing.

I like it when you are sitting on a ledge, eating lunch, looking out or down and seeing the birds flying below you.

God Bless ya. Just sold a Wild Country Rockcentric set as I can't use them anymore. I've always preferred ice and snow and now I'm a little older and wish I got more into rock when I was younger. Glad to see you putting up some routes. Don't sweat the dude with the fall and helmet comment. Unless you've had a rock missile sing by your ear you won't get it. Be safe and happy climbs.

Atikovi - the helmet saves your head from falling objects (rocks or other things that may be dropped by people/climbers above) and can protect your head in a fall (even a short fall may go wrong and flip you head first). The rope is what prevents the 1,000' fall.
wink.gif

oldhp - it is funny that most of the routes we climb, we walk off of. We simply choose the harder way up - completely pointless like many hobbies. I guess a bit more exciting than golf, though.

JLawrence08648 - watching birds from above is always a treat. Also when climbing in a couple certain areas, we get buzzed by fighter jets - less than 200' off the deck. So loud its scarier than the climbing!

BISCUT - funny we're opposite - snow is for snowboarding, not climbing
wink.gif
haven't tried ice climbing / mountaineering yet and not likely until we get bored in retirement…?

rekit - funny timing. Small wall, looks like they were likely training/practicing aid climbing for bigger walls in Zion or Yosemite.

I started climbing 9 years ago at age 30. It has taken over surfing as my main hobby/pastime. Great friends made, good times shared - an awesome community feel to all of it. Plus almost every trip is also a camping trip, and usually somewhere beautiful - great way to spend our weekends for sure
smile.gif

Around here 3 or 4 climbers die every year. I fully consider every Rock climber Darwin Award candidates.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Around here 3 or 4 climbers die every year. I fully consider every Rock climber Darwin Award candidates.

Its much more dangerous driving to the climbing area than the actual climbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back