Road Trip Items to Bring?

We are taking my 2020 Ram on a week long road trip thru rural CA, AZ and UT.

I have never taken a long road trip thru rural areas before. What items should I bring with me?

I was thinking:
- gallon of 50/50 antifreeze
- jumper pack
- window cleaner
- extra quart of oil

Thanks!

I thought the point of buying new was so that you didn't have to pack up with all sorts of vehicle fluids?

IMO I'd skip on anti-freeze and just bring several gallons of water. It'll be drinking water for you and if need be, can be pressed into service--just flush when home. But are you really going to be able to fix a coolant leak on the side of the road? Might be a bit optimistic there--water would be good for you, maybe not for the truck. I'm thinking anything that goes wrong is apt to need a real service visit, and not be of the "loose clamp" sort.

Jump pack, oil, window cleaner... speaking of window cleaner, maybe a step stool. This time of year I wouldn't think the bugs would be bad but I know I've had to scrub, and hard, to clean the windshield of bug guts. Air compressor might be good.

Beyond that, drinks, snacks, USB chargers for gear, maybe a hard copy of a map.

flashlight
extra quart of oil
jumper cables/jumper pack
make sure your spare is at proper psi

check oil regularly when buying gas. clean Your windows.
have fun

I'd get in and go without anything extra. There is always a jump pack and flashlights in my car and I can't think of any reason to worry about the oil or anti-freeze.

How rural are we talking about? If gas stations are sparse, maybe have some extra gas with you in a gas can? Then again, I'm guessing your truck has a pretty large gas tank, so there's probably no need. If you run out, you can always call AAA.

Check your vehicle over stem-to-stern to make sure your starting out in good shape.
I'd take two quarts of Oil
Drinkable Water (no anti-freeze)
Check Spare Tire PSI
Razor Blade Scraper for cleaning insects off windshield

Since your vehicle is so new, I'd be thinking about what to take for creature comfort / Cooler & Drinks.

If you'll be staying in any Hotels/Motels, take a Carbon Monoxide Detector

Plenty of Face Masks and Hand Sanitizer

And have fun.

Don’t forget about the Norwegian Fisherman Diet:

Coffee
Chocolate
Cigarettes ( or any other substitute for that matter)

Enjoy the trip!

Tire plugs in case you get a flat. Tire inflator, Some water and snacks, battery pack for recharging cell phones just in case. Do you carry jumper cables? I know your truck is new, but I always that that, a tire inflator and a breaker bar and socket to make tire changes easier. Bring some flashlights and matches or lighter too.

Not a joke because it has happened to most women at least once in their life. Make sure they have tampons with them.

Back