Road Rage, Then vs Now

I have the Club, in case things get physical. bottom half is great as a heavy baton. ;)

I keep one of these things in the car with me both for winter hiking and protection. I haven't used it before but it hopefully is intimidating enough to stop anybody from escalating further.

1610373320038.png

I've learned only bad can come from the 'traditional' road rage antics.

I have also learned that if I inconspicuously follow someone home and get their address, I can usually find out who they are and where they work. If you're in the wrong, waive an apology. Don't let your ego prevent you from admitting your mistake. You may just be playing with some mental case like myself. 🙂

I'd say housewives in large SUV's. :LOL: I'd even assume a certain political disposition that I won't mention.
Which begs the question...people like to say that if a man buys a big truck, it's to compensate for something small in his life; what are women compensating for in that case? I'll see myself out now... 😜

I was in at least one Road Rage today, I want to say TWO.

BOTH were from younger people in newer-model Nissans, tailgating me.

When I am tailgated, I do not speed up, Especially when I am in the left lane of traffic on a two-lane road, as I was today.

Both felt the need to pass the car in the right lane on the right shoulder to cut off another car to get one length ahead of me, then get in the left lane, then I get to the red light 5 seconds later.

As I am staring at the Sentra driver (the Maxima/Altima driver was pushing his car pretty well,) rolls down the window at me and asked me, "Do you want to die today?"

.. Not getting the reaction he expected, he wished me a very pleasant rest of my day good sir in only two words and drove off. I usually begin clapping when people give me such performances.

We shared the road for three more miles, the best of friends.. /s

Which begs the question...people like to say that if a man buys a big truck, it's to compensate for something small in his life; what are women compensating for in that case? I'll see myself out now... 😜
Around here it’s always girls who drive huge lifted trucks. I’m guessing it’s the “I’m tough, I’m mean, I’m bad, I’m a girl, grrrr!!” mentality.

The lack of men in their lives, that need to compensate for something small in their lives.

Not that I buy into this theory. But I take it you are postulating that in both cases is due to a lack of something larger.

In my Mustang I never really drove fast or aggressive on any regular basis, in fact I drove slower than the speed limit on the interstate. The most fun I had with that car besides the acceleration rush was messing with people. Usually these were people who were trying to cut in line, speed excessively, weave in and out of traffic, etc.

My favorite memory was a guy riding a Harley Davidson on the interstate around midnight. Dude was hauling and I was in the left lane slowly passing an 18 wheeler. As soon as I passed I moved over and the motorcyclist took off and I sped up just to see how fast he was going. He looked over to switch lanes and saw I was there and sped up even more until his bike started to wobble, which was around 90 mph. We both slowed down and I resumed my cruise control speed of 67 mph. He fell behind me and I passed another 18 wheeler and moved over into the right lane. He saw I had my window down and as he passed me, revved his motor and just about made my left ear drum deaf. Only thing was he revved it a little much and he had a huge backfire. We ended taking the same exit and went our separate ways.
The wobble on a H-D is often loose neck bearings. These are often overlooked when someone does their own maintenance. another reason is loaded too heavy on the rear.

Around here it’s always girls who drive huge lifted trucks. I’m guessing it’s the “I’m tough, I’m mean, I’m bad, I’m a girl, grrrr!!” mentality.
Dang, you're emasculating me! Yesterday it was the band-aid thing on my Dodge hemi truck. Now, you must have learned that I drive a Jeep in a color called Winter Chill, which my adult children have affectionately labeled "lesbian blue".

I'm only going to watch John Wayne movies today. Maybe Clint Eastwood.......Bridges of Madison County, LOL.

Dang, you're emasculating me! Yesterday it was the band-aid thing on my Dodge hemi truck. Now, you must have learned that I drive a Jeep in a color called Winter Chill, which my adult children have affectionately labeled "lesbian blue".

I'm only going to watch John Wayne movies today. Maybe Clint Eastwood.......Bridges of Madison County, LOL.
I know what you mean...I made the mistake of admitting that the Techno Pink color on an older Chevy Spark was interesting and then ran home to change the oil in my truck as pennance. :LOL:

I know what you mean...I made the mistake of admitting that the Techno Pink color on an older Chevy Spark was interesting and then ran home to change the oil in my truck as pennance. :LOL:

You must change your oil 10 times, followed by washing the car 10 times. Then you have atoned. :)

I don’t get involved in stuff like that. My dad does I don’t. It scares me and my mom to death when we get in stuff like that. I just let it go. That is part of the reason I only drive if I absolutely have too because I don’t like putting up with everyone on the roads especially since I got hit last week I’ve been scared ever since.

Too many people on the road are harboring little balls of anger just
waiting to unload on someone they feel has wronged them... beware and
practice these two steps in order to drive home safe...

First and foremost is self preservation...
Drive with an absolute command of ones temper and not to provoke the anger of any steering actuator because no
passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of reasoning as anger...

Second... to defuse any escalating highway rage situation just assign
yourself all the blame...

Last edited:
Back