road force balance standard at discount now?

bought some new tires for the kids car today at discount. i notice a new balancing machine they were using. it had a roller that pressed against the tire . i have seen them before, but only for road force balancing.

i ask the sales guy about it and he said its standard now.

Was always standard at Discounttire here, at the local up-to date tire shops down the road, and even the local Firestone. Wasn't standard at the 'local' not open anymore pepboys, and not at either 'membership' store. I don't remember seeing roadforce at the that big department store chain either.
Also pretty common at various new car dealerships. I've seen them at the Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, VW, Mazda.... dealerships around here.

I am pretty sure the Hunter zipcode finder website has been running for more than the past decade.

Reactions: hrv
they have always had them at mine.. I have never seen them use them and in fact try to talk people out of roadforce balancing.

I think that some places that use them have found it stops many returns of issues with tires by road forcing them at the beginning.....

buy decent tyres + put them on decent wheels + NEVER any issues with typical balance, hey my motorcycle tyres balanced on an axle on jack stands good to the ton maybe more!!! getting the tyre properly set on the rim has a LOT to do with it IMO!!

Was always standard at Discounttire here, at the local up-to date tire shops down the road, and even the local Firestone. Wasn't standard at the 'local' not open anymore pepboys, and not at either 'membership' store. I don't remember seeing roadforce at the that big department store chain either.
Also pretty common at various new car dealerships. I've seen them at the Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, VW, Mazda.... dealerships around here.

I am pretty sure the Hunter zipcode finder website has been running for more than the past decade.
Unless you see them do the RFB, don't assume they do it. It's nowhere in their literature that they RFB. The Hunter website does indicate they are equipped, but even then I've found the Hunter website to be wrong with some locations (non-DT, to be fair).

I've been to a DT a couple times, and they've basically tacitly admitted they just do a regular static balance unless you come back with complaints. So, you'll have to ask for the RFV if you want to confirm they did one.

I think that some places that use them have found it stops many returns of issues with tires by road forcing them at the beginning.....
Yup.. Do it right from the initial install and keep the returns low...

Back