Road America IMSA Sports Car Weekend.

One of the best weekends and series to arrive at RA during the summer. I will be at track Saturday just wondering if any others in town for the event pics to follow. Will be in the Kink much action in Thunder Valley section.

When I lived in Wisconsin we always went to the June Sprints, and usually one other racing weekend. My favorite place to watch was inside the sharp and tight left hand turn 8 just before the carousel. In the old days, before they put the bridges up at the carousel, you could see a lot more of the race from there, plus, in the old days you could get very close to the track. Beautiful track. Great Brats.

I really wanted to go, but my new ride has no spare and the Pirelli Scorpion Winter 2 I wanted for my winter wheels/spare weren’t available. I’m not driving 5000 miles round trip with no spare. Will fire up the VPN to watch the Euro IMSA feed, not the crap NBC commercial every 3 minutes unwatchable feed.

I really wanted to go, but my new ride has no spare and the Pirelli Scorpion Winter 2 I wanted for my winter wheels/spare weren’t available. I’m not driving 5000 miles round trip with no spare. Will fire up the VPN to watch the IMSA feed, not the crap NBC commercial every 3 minutes unwatchable feed.
I'm about 15 min from track almost my backyard I can hear warm-ups from home

I will be at track Saturday
I am supremely jealous. I used to go to RA two or three times every summer when I lived in Chiraq. My wife and I would settle in at turn #5. Between races (June Sprints) the spectators on corners 5&6 would shoot water balloons across the track at each other with a catapault. We spilled lots of beer dodging those bombs. I'm sure they don't allow that today. Worst memory was in 1970 when Jerry Titus crashed at turn 13 during the Trans Am race.

Say hello to David Hobbs

I'd like to chat with David. Always he was the best race analyst ever. His wry sense of humor is a rare quality.

1691188874016.png

I am supremely jealous. I used to go to RA two or three times every summer when I lived in Chiraq. My wife and I would settle in at turn #5. Between races (June Sprints) the spectators on corners 5&6 would shoot water balloons across the track at each other with a catapault. We spilled lots of beer dodging those bombs. I'm sure they don't allow that today. Worst memory was in 1970 when Jerry Titus crashed at turn 13 during the Trans Am race.

I'd like to chat with David. Always he was the best race analyst ever. His wry sense of humor is a rare quality.

View attachment 170821
I tell David every time I see him that he is missed by so many.

View attachment 170821
My sighed book by David
20230804_190058.jpg
20230804_190114.jpg

Back