Rislone Nano Prime VOA

I bought a bottle off of Amazon. I shook the bottle throughly and sent it off in a pre-paid NAPA oil analysis kit. It has crazy nickel numbers. They unfortunately do not test for tungsten, maybe that's why the nickel content is so highly? I did not put it in my engine. Just seen it and wanted to test it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-182709_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-182709_Office.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 677

Thanks for the information. So, you give the product a thumbs up?

I give motor oil and frequent oil changes a thumbs up

There is a bottle on my shelf. Was waiting for Oreillys to get Wix analysis kits. Thanks for the data. I'd have no issue tossing it into an engine.
Might have to send a sample to another lab to see how much tungsten it has.

I give motor oil and frequent oil changes a thumbs up

There is a bottle on my shelf. Was waiting for Oreillys to get Wix analysis kits. Thanks for the data. I'd have no issue tossing it into an engine.
Might have to send a sample to another lab to see how much tungsten it has.
I was limited to NAPA or Blackstone and neither check for tungsten. I am curious about the tungsten content.

There is a thread here on it somewhere. A late-model Subaru owner said that it quieted his ticky engine chatter down. I've used it a couple of times and haven't noticed any substantial difference...

One thing I noticed off the bat is that the carrier oil is basically a XW-30 weight whereas the PDS on their homepage shows it to be a W40...

Lab and blending accuracy might not be too accurate

One thing I noticed is that no matter how hard you shake the bottle, you still have to refill it 2-3 times halfway with oil and shake vigorously to get all that colloidal stuff from the bottom..... not much different than mos2 or krex or other colloidal additives.

Without a hardware store paint shaker, I doubt that the VOA is super accurate. But, it is close enough not to worry.

I have used it in an abused high mileage 13 year old 2gr-fe and a questionable quality decade old theta-2 and both were definitely quieter. But, same could be said when running Torco SR5, MPT 30k, or Redline oil. I think that some simply might benefit from thicker oils or stouter additive packages. Problem is, got so much $1 quart synthetic SOPUS/XOM/BP oils locally and don't always buy the fancy synthetics.

I bought a bottle off of Amazon. I shook the bottle throughly and sent it off in a pre-paid NAPA oil analysis kit. It has crazy nickel numbers. They unfortunately do not test for tungsten, maybe that's why the nickel content is so highly? I did not put it in my engine. Just seen it and wanted to test it.
I don't think UOA analysis would mistake Tungsten for Nickel...if that's what you were asking.

This looks like a good product, but up here at least, it is SO much more expensive than similar options.
This stuff is $25 at Canadian Tire, and a can of moly slip MS2O can be had for $15….

Yep, that was me that put in my Subaru Crosstrek. Pros: Quieted engine valvetrain noise right down after 2000 miles, still quieter than when new. Cons: No increase in MPG or Power that I could tell. UOA showed that that nickel was higher than normal, that freaked me out until next UOA of Quaker State oil showed normal zilch for nickel. Still sometimes get out to check mail (rural location) get back in and almost try to start engine when it is already running.

It's seems that Nano Prime is not long for this world, no longer mentioned on Rislone's site even with a search....

Back