Rislone Nano Prime VOA

Did anyone know they Mos2 that fall out of oil sum ( like liqui moly Mos2 ) .

Ok thank you I will get few bottles try ford eco boost and dad Honda car.
At this point if you really think you need an additive you might want to stay with Liqui Moly, Nano Prime seems to be no longer made and it's getting expensive on Amazon or Walmart websites at this point. At one time they had a $5 rebate but no more..

At this point if you really think you need an additive you might want to stay with Liqui Moly, Nano Prime seems to be no longer made and it's getting expensive on Amazon or Walmart websites at this point. At one time they had a $5 rebate but no more..
I agree on you liqui ceratec I have few bottles and I want used Rislone see because tugestan ws2 I have purchased all ready . You right I send email to Rislone asking if Mos2 fall out oil suspension but no reply yes they stop making it.

I agree on you liqui ceratec I have few bottles and I want used Rislone see because tugestan ws2 I have purchased all ready . You right I send email to Rislone asking if Mos2 fall out oil suspension but no reply yes they stop making it.
What does "tugestan" do for you in terms of performance?

It friction modify so i am going used mobil super full synthetic . Do you recommend to used Honda v6 3.5 ivtec and for eco boost ? . Thank you

Obviously not much since Castrol messed around with decades ago and dropped it like a hot rock.

castrol with tungsten.jpg

Obviously not much since Castrol messed around with decades ago and dropped it like a hot rock.

View attachment 100475
And decades later it still falls out of suspension, even in the new "nano brews." As does MoS2.............
27.gif
According to some shooters it does seem to work well as a bullet coating, tumbled on as a dry powder.

I use tungsten disulfide powder for 2 main things currently. As noted previously, some shooters find it useful and I will often mix it in gunlube or oil to treat the metal on metal high friction points when breaking in new firearms. I have also been using it to treat my chainsaw bar and chain when new and seems to be helpful in this aspect. I would never put it in a motor sump.
I used to use the Liquimoly MoS2 in motor oil, but can't say I noted much difference, but also never experienced significant "settling out" when I put a can and a half in my M5 years ago, thinking it might help prolong timing chain life, etc. That car does not get driven regularly. It had a small leak from its lower oil pan gasket, so I took off oil pan and replaced gasket. The oil pan was spotless, without a trace of settled MoS2. So either it stayed in suspension or all of the MoS2 got plated onto moving parts!

Looking at that PDS, the VI is 338. That's not a base oil, but rather is likely a cheap OCP with a high SSI. The flash point of 295°F is also concerning. While FP isn't a direct indicator of volatility, it can give you an idea as a liquid must first volatize before it can reach its FP. I personally see this as something that'll increase the oil's volatility and produce more deposits at worst, and do nothing at best.

Why is there such a fascination with "nano-" solid particles? It's outdated technology. The liquid friction modifiers already in engine oils produce lower friction coefficients and much lower concentrations so it's not going to improve upon that. It's like obsessing over increasing fuel economy with a carburetor in the age of GDI.

If there's any area of lubrication that is more obsessed with friction reduction, it's racing. If nano particles were so awesome, you'd see the oils used by NASCAR cup engines, NHRA Pro Stock, WOO Sprints, etc... loaded with them. Yet, you don't. Nowhere to be found. Note this is also a sector that couldn't care less about emissions control, oxidation, or fuel economy (not hwy cruising mpg at least) so that has no weight on their decision whether or not to use it.

Last edited:
Back