Rislone Compression Repair with Ring Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quest
Originally Posted By: freedhardwoods

I am not going to argue one way or the other on Auto RX, but the mechanics I have known for many years say NOT to use engine cleaners because of the damage they cause.

Well, obviously, you don't know anything about AutoRx, do you?

Q.
19.gif

Engine Cleaners like Neutra are fine to use as long as you do not overdose them,if your car holds 5 quarts of oil and for every quart you could add 1 ounce of Neutra which in a 5 quart system would be 5 ounces then you would be fine.

Even the Maintenance Dose of arx which is 3 or 4 ounces has not shown any problems, so just follow the directions on the bottle and you should be o.k.

Originally Posted By: Quest
Well, obviously, you don't know anything about AutoRx, do you?

No. Don't really care to either. I don't need it even if it does work. Apparently you think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and others here think it is just worthless snake oil. I will let you guy's argue about it. I will keep taking care of my vehicles like I have been. Two have a quarter million miles and are still running fine.

If you used it on your vehicles and they are running good, more power to ya.
cool.gif

and others here think it is just worthless snake oil

Clueless fools, most of which have never even touched the product.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

With delightful and constructive comments like this from AutoRx supporters, don't you think you should buy a bottle today?

(BTW, I'm one of the guys that thinks it's snake oil.)
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

With delightful and constructive comments like this from AutoRx supporters, don't you think you should buy a bottle today?

(BTW, I'm one of the guys that thinks it's snake oil.)
wink.gif

You're the one I was thinking of most when I wrote that.

Quote:
I am not going to argue one way or the other on Auto RX, but the mechanics I have known for many years say NOT to use engine cleaners because of the damage they cause.

The choice is yours to ponder whether to use or not to use, but knowing the chemistry of all three cleaners, and having used and analyzed them myself, I would put more faith in ARX than anything else discussed here.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:

The choice is yours to ponder whether to use or not to use, but knowing the chemistry of all three cleaners, and having used and analyzed them myself, I would put more faith in ARX than anything else discussed here.

OMG, shill, SHILL! How much is Frank paying you to say that?! LIEESSS!

Etc.

Chevro,

You may not agree with the use/effectiveness of Auto-Rx, but calling a respected tribologist, a true SCIENTIST on this board a 'shill' and 'liar' is a really, REALLY dumb move.

Mola probably has more education and more scientific ability in one of his toes than you EVER will.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Chevro,

You may not agree with the use/effectiveness of Auto-Rx, but calling a respected tribologist, a true SCIENTIST on this board a 'shill' and 'liar' is a really, REALLY dumb move.

Mola probably has more education and more scientific ability in one of his toes than you EVER will.

Bingo............. IIRC Chevro is an A-Rx fan and was making a joke. I think??????? LOL

(...tucks tail in between legs as he realizes that yes, he has read that Chevro is a fan of A-RX, and forgot that....slinks away, hoping no-one will notice....)

Originally Posted By: addyguy
(...tucks tail in between legs as he realizes that yes, he has read that Chevro is a fan of A-RX, and forgot that....slinks away, hoping no-one will notice....)

Hey, uh, where ya going?
36.gif

I have had this in my work van since July( The rislone compression w/ ring seal) . It did help some . Not a miracle in a bottle . I have noticed a bit more power . The main improvement is that I park next to a white pvc fence with the exhaust pipe about 1 and a half feet away pointing at the fence . Over the past two years I would constantly have to wipe the black soot off the fence every two weeks or so . I have not had to do it at all since August .

All in all it was worth a shot . It helped my fence more than my van .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back