Rislone additives

Any feedback on any of the many Rislone additives other than their engine products?

I think their fuel system cleaner is quite good but maybe only worth it with a rebate. I've tried their cat cleaner, it didn't work long term but did briefly cut the CE light on my Lincoln:

s-l400.jpg

Thank you for your comment on this fuel system cleaner. I am going to try it in a couple of weeks. Irishman

People seem to have good things to say about the High Mileage Engine Treatment. Supposed to be a decent cleaner?
I used the Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment for 6 months/ 4500 miles in my beater 2008 Yaris with an oversized oil filter. I found a lot of small black carbon bits in all of the filter pleats after cutting it open. I just bought a very neglected 2015 Focus manual with 46,000 miles and only two oil changes on its Carfax. Just drained out very dark gritty oil. Looking forward to slowly cleaning it up with Rislone. After seeing so much black gritty bits of carbon in the Yaris' filter, I am a fan of Rislone Engine Treatment.

How are the Suzuki and your Falcon doing?
Did you actually check the compression for improvement or go by feel?
Feel. Suzuki had very little engine braking on the long hill on the way back from our horse agistment, now it does and still improving and what were 2nd gear corners can now be negotiated in 3rd. Fuel economy is improving. Falcon far fewer kilometres as I don’t drive it much but now silent and smooth. Suzuki Swift Sport (ex wife’s) oil/filter change tomorrow.

Thank you for putting "agistment" into my vocabulary.
FYI: The super-fast definition I found at dictionary.com (extra brief, I know) says the word is obsolete.
I say we should all make time to agist livestock. We don't want mankind to forget how to agist, do we?

FYI: The super-fast definition I found at dictionary.com (extra brief, I know) says the word is obsolete.
I say we should all make time to agist livestock. We don't want mankind to forget how to agist, do we?
In daily use here. Horses are kept at an agistment. The dictionary is wrong.

Don’t keep beating it

IMG_1607.jpg

I've used Rislone 710 in my CR-V and the Pathfinder. Not for any particular reason besides the fact I just happened to have some old cans of it on hand already and I figured I'd use it instead of throwing it out.

Didn't notice any difference while using it and no ill effects after the fact.

Back