RIP Shinzo Abe

Assassinated just a short while ago in Nara Japan. Abe was the former Prime Minister of Japan.

No link but NHK is reporting that he has no vital signs.

This is a big loss for Japan.
Saw that last night on CNN just before I went to bed . The video clip showed a lot of smoke so I immediately thought of a
homemade weapon. Abe-san always seen to have a friendly face, I was drawn to him because if this. I too was shocked and saddened by this event knowing nothing of his politic. - Ken

Saw that last night on CNN just before I went to bed . The video clip showed a lot of smoke so I immediately thought of a
homemade weapon. Abe-san always seen to have a friendly face, I was drawn to him because if this. I too was shocked and saddened by this event knowing nothing of his politic. - Ken

I saw some video shots of the weapon. Looked like a homemade side by side shotgun. Very short. Held together by tape.

Shinzo Abe was a huge leader for Japan after they had gone through multiple PMs, almost in revolving door fashion. He got their economy going again after years of doldrums and realized the importance of beefing up their defense. He was brought back after the 2011 earthquake because of his prior strong leadership.

Just from some brief comments from friends and relatives over there the sense is that the country is in shock right now.

Unfortunately it was confirmed in the news. Dead by gunshot.

The Japanese media were reporting it in their own way but not actually stating it if that makes sense.

The hospital staff worked for over five hours to resuscitate him not including the CPR performed by the first responders at the scene.

Looking at the timeline, they were waiting for his wife to arrive before calling it. That would be the Japanese formality.

I re-opened this because of the news article. Not to have discussions on the press and press bias, weapons regulations, etc.

Every other thread on here when there is a person that passes away is just condolences and RIP comments. That’s the expectation here. Anything else will result in closure/bans.

Back