RIP Canadian Christopher Plummer

A gifted actor who played many roles with aplomb. He was brilliant.

If you haven’t seen “Knives Out”, his latest work, please give that a watch. An outstanding movie.

It appears he fell and hit his head and succumbed to those injuries. RIP

An important side note: as people age, moving around has to be a conscious planned activity with zero distractions; my mother fell several times because she was not paying attention and was trying to hold a cordless phone while using a walker. It is tough to abandon a life long intuitive activity and decide to make it a planned one; Not sure what happened in CP's case, but I thought i would mention it here as a gentle reminder.

He was Canadian acting royalty. What a career. I think one of the most interesting things I heard about was when he filled in for Kevin Spacey as JP Getty. Even at his age, they reshot all of his parts for the movie in just nine days

I remember him as the Klingon commander in one of the Star Trek films, quoting Shakespeare and adding, "You should read it in the original Klingon."

I remember him as the Klingon commander in one of the Star Trek films, quoting Shakespeare and adding, "You should read it in the original Klingon."
Him quoting Shakespeare while firing at the Enterprise was a good scene. It's even funnier because Plummer was originally a Shakespearean stage actor. He played an interesting villain in the movie "Dreamscape," a little known gem.

Him quoting Shakespeare while firing at the Enterprise was a good scene. It's even funnier because Plummer was originally a Shakespearean stage actor. He played an interesting villain in the movie "Dreamscape," a little known gem.
I think his first Broadway lead role was in The Royal Hunt of the Sun, around 1964. Without looking it up, I don't know if he played the Inca chief or Pizarro. I guess he could have done either one!

ETA: He played Pizarro, and David Carradine played the Incan, Atahualpa! (John Vernon of Animal House played Hernando de Soto.)

That was the first movie I where remember seeing him.

A master actor and fellow Montrealer. I'm shocked even though he was 91. I thought he would make it past 100. A real gentleman. RIP Christopher...

I Thought I saw him in more films,
But I think I recall watching at some time:

The Man Who Would be King
Spiral Staircase
Oedipus
Aces High

I greatly enjoyed Plummer and Ana de Armas** in "Knives Out", though I would rate that film overall only B-
as far as Murder Mysteries go. I thought Daniel Craig was miscast - but maybe, intentionally, as a hoot - that didnt have me hooting.

Of course, I;m somewhat spoiled by having been watching the, quite excellent,
British "Misomer Murders" series with my wife on PRIME.
At least the older seasons in the late 90's and early were very good.

** an EXCELLENT actress, whom we have also seen as Joi in " Blade Runner 2049"

They showed return of the pink panther on local tv after the news of his passing came out. They usually change the programming like this when an actor dies.

Back