RIP Alan Thicke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart attack.
frown.gif

I'm not sure of your age, but I'm old enough to recall some of his less than stellar talk shows.
wink.gif
But yes, he and his first wife did a lot of theme songs, and he was a mainstay in Canadian comedy. For a kid that grew up on CTV and CBC, I was quite aware of him before Growing Pains, which is what really made him famous. It's just another reminder we're all getting up in years.

I feel terribly old now, realizing that he was younger as an iconic TV dad than I am now.

Read the title and I was like...no way. Shocked. Thought he always looked young, and like he took care of himself. Goes to show, never know when you're number is going to come up.

RIP AT.

I can't say I was a fan, but it's hard to say anything bad about the man. We of course don't know about his overall health but I can say from experience that you can't rely on health as a predictor of issues ... I know of people who were in the top 5% as far as their checkup goes, and they suffered devastating health declines. There is no guarantee even if you do everything "right".

Last night I watched one of his new commercials and I said to myself he really looked bad.
I think it was a life insurance commercial. How bad, bad. He looked like those at a viewing- makeup made him look worse.
A few hours later I walked by the TV and I had seen on Fox that he had died.
Crazy!

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Sad.
Really looked up to him as a kid watching Growing Pains.

Never knew he was a musician.

He had a rock band in the late 60s. I wish I could remember the name of it. I really looked up to him too,from watching that show I can see him being exactly like that character,as he played it so naturally. He just seemed like such a good genuine person.

Johnny2Bad said: "... I know of people who were in the top 5% as far as their checkup goes, and they suffered devastating health declines. There is no guarantee even if you do everything "right"."

Ain't that the truth. Sure, there are those times when a person turns to drugs, dives into the bottle or is injured somehow and exhibits a serious health decline but there are times when someone just "turns a corner".

I've often thought about going to one of those places where your body's chemistry and other stuff is ascertained and monitored under stimuli.

Do yoga-watch the slutty stuff (booze, tobacco, drugs)- exercise-eat thoughtfully. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back