RIP 3.3L F-150

2024 F150 is announced, 3.3L is no more 2.7EB is base engine.

Appears 3.5L EB no longer available in STX which is now its own model (2.7 or 5.0)

No word on Rattler Package return on XL

Tremor now can have Raptor like modular bumper and a bunch of other stuff but you have to get Tremor High (boo).

New tailgate on higher trims with access door (somewhat weird IMO).

I've always wondered about those hi tech tailgates and their value to someone who uses their truck to make money..
seems to me its likely the first thing that gets damaged on a truck used for truck stuff.

then again something like 75% of the truck owners never put anything bigger than a bag of fertilizer in the bed.

Well, I forsee a lot of ram trucks with the v6 entering our fleet with this announcement... fleet managers hate the word turbo, and gm and ford are now out on base models.

seen my neighbor down the street who uses his F150 Ecoboost for his business sporting a newish Tacoma... asked him where the Ford was.. traded itt, the Turbo was crapping out and he needed a truck right now.. I think sometimes for people who actually need a truck the old fashioned engines and the base models serve them better..

seen my neighbor down the street who uses his F150 Ecoboost for his business sporting a newish Tacoma... asked him where the Ford was.. traded itt, the Turbo was crapping out and he needed a truck right now.. I think sometimes for people who actually need a truck the old fashioned engines and the base models serve them better..
Flip side is while the work fleet is all non turbo on the gas side, I own a 2016 2.7 ecoboost f150 - and would happily buy another. 113k on the clock with one warranty repair along the way. Everything else is regular maintenance and consumables... (plugs, fluids, tires, brakes (92k on the front and 98 k on the rears))

Flip side is while the work fleet is all non turbo on the gas side, I own a 2016 2.7 ecoboost f150 - and would happily buy another. 113k on the clock with one warranty repair along the way. Everything else is regular maintenance and consumables... (plugs, fluids, tires, brakes (92k on the front and 98 k on the rears))
co owrker had a beautiful King Ranch 150...with the Ecoboost hers had then engine crap out under warranty... and it took Ford almost 6 months to fix it, during which time she drove a loaner F150 from the dealer.. bonus for her really, she was making payments but driving their stuff. )

I have to agree. If someone thinks the 2.3 is affected by leaking blocks, let’s hear the evidence.

They have the exact same coolant passages that fail as the 1.5's and 2.0's, Forums and Reddit is full of failures. Just doesn't seem to be as prevalent, yet.

I remember when the 1.5's were getting bad and everyone assumed the 2.0's were good, then they started failing. Same thing with the 2.3's it seems

I actually wished the f150 got the 2.3 as the base engine as I'm sure it would be more efficient by more 2 mpg compared to the 2.7 like the bronco as 315lb ft of torque is more than enough to move it around.
When I first saw "RIP 3.3" I thought that's what the announcement was going to be.

So there's going to be one EcoBoost and that's it? The 2.7 liter and nothing else?
The 2.7 EB is now the base engine in most models, some higher trims it is a the 3.5 or 5.0 not all trims get all engines.

For example based on the build and price you cant get a 3.5 in a STX.

The Tremor only gets 3.5 or 5.0 and the 5.0 is standard the 3.5 is an extra cost option.

Ford claims the 2.7 has more torque and better economy for the base trucks, they seem to leave out that it is probably responsible for the higher starting cost.

They want to increase powerboats production.

So the available engines are:

2.7EB
3.5EB
3.5EB Powerboost

Back