Rinse less washing is my favorite way of washing a car now

Before I got into the Rinse less game, I did the traditional Wash with 2 buckets and soap. Starting this year now have I finally found my favorite method of car washing. Rinse less wash. I’ve collected quite a few rinse less products. Wolf gang Uber being my favorite in direct sun. I used ADS Hero for this one. I typically pre rinse before my contact wash. I use a spray wax/sealant as a drying agent. Not that you need to with rinse less is acts as a drying aid on its own. But it’s a easy way to add some protection in one step. I use the Ultra black sponge from the rag company. Inside the chemical guys bottle is Malco tire dressing diluted 50/50.
IMG_3567.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

IMG_3569.jpeg

Last edited:
@The Critic turned me on to ONR. Perfect for Los Gatos area as water is at a premium. We have sun for like 330+ days per year. We pray for rain. I can ONR a car in less time than getting out the hose, etc. Did this on Thursday; car was pretty dirty.
View attachment 226357
That looks great! ONR is another favorite for sure. It is nice not dragging out the pressure washer and cords and such. That’s why I got that Ryobi power washer for light jobs.

It's a great product. I use it mostly "off label" as I'm going for 90% / good enough. I put 2 capfuls in a bucket of water, and use a soft brush on a stick to wash the car with liberal amounts of water. Then the leaf blower, and one microfiber to get the mirrors and any spots I missed. I can wash my wife's CX5 in about 10 minutes, my truck in 20. And it smells good too!

I use it on my interiors as well. I no longer use glass cleaner, as it makes for a great glass cleaner with no streaks.

@The Critic turned me on to ONR. Perfect for Los Gatos area as water is at a premium. We have sun for like 330+ days per year. We pray for rain. I can ONR a car in less time than getting out the hose, etc. Did this on Thursday; car was pretty dirty.
View attachment 226357
C'mon Man, cars don't get dirty in Los Gatos, dusty yeah but dirty, unless it rained. :LOL:

ONR doesn’t foam. You can spray it on the paint with a spray bottle or sprayer of your choice and rinse off. Then follow up your contact wash with ONR in a bucket. They’re are some rinse less washes that do foam. ie: DIY detail, ADG fusion, Mckgees.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve always done the automatic car wash with my vehicles, but I bought a new truck recently and have decided to start hand washing and have been researching the various wash methods. It’s getting ceramic coat and PPF now, so I plan to step up my game with this one.

If a car is super muddy or gritty. I rinse it off with water first. Pre spray rinse less, follow up with contact wash using rinse less in a bucket. Really dirty cars can be done with rinse less, but people shy away from it because it’s a different form of washing. It’s like learning a new skill, it takes time. 🙂 I still use soap and a foam cannon from time to time.

ONR doesn’t foam. You can spray it on the paint with a spray bottle or sprayer of your choice and rinse off. Then follow up your contact wash with ONR in a bucket. They’re are some rinse less washes that do foam. ie: DIY detail, ADG fusion, Mckgees.
Ah, thanks. Sounds a lot like a quick detailer.

I reduced my process and number of products used:

Pre-was with Bilt Hamber Touchless or equivalent type product (APC/Carpro Lift etc.)
Contact wash with Carpro Reset (Descale occassionally)
Air dry and follow up with Carpro Ech20 as needed.

I use Ech20 at 1:30 on interior (can use any rinseless wash for that as well).

With Can Coat, the truck stays cleaner a lot longer. We had a heavy downpour this week and truck is still extremely clean.

I’d love to try QEW just for the fun of it. Yvan Lacroix mentioned he used it before rinse less was even a thing. He’s like a guru in that department.

Back