Ridgid tools

When in the hell did they become so expensive, Like milwaukee and dewalt prices..I remember them being more budget friendly or am i wrong? I was looking for a new drill/impact combo kit, going to pass...on to ryobi

Those calendars ain't cheap to produce.

Attachments

• Rigid.jpg
    Rigid.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 142
I moved from the older Dewalt 18V line to the brushless Ryobi line a few years ago. At first I didn't like the 1/4 impact because it felt different from my old one, but now I really like it. I now also have the 3/8 and 1/2 impacts, circular saw, reciprocating saw, etc. The 3/8 and 1/2 easily remove lug nuts and suspension items so this line really meets all of my needs.

Edit: as @Obi Wan Noobi said, the bits are junk. Get Dewalt or Milwaukee bits.

Overall the Ryobi tools exceed my expectations and they show no signs of failing. However if I were a pro I would go with Dewalt, to ensure availability of replacements somewhere other than HD.

Thanks for the replies...going for the 6pc ryobi kit $200 and buying milwaukee shockwave bit set...i know it's all brushed tools but it's ok...Home diy only, should last a life time.

I have the brushless ridgid 1/2 impact wrench w lifetime warranty on tool and battery. I got on on sale pre pandemic for around 120, but it was on sale recently for 140-150. I rarely use this tool only on lug nuts so there was alot of value in the lifetime warranty.
During the pandemic I got the brushless ryobi 1/4 impact driver with drill combo w 2 batteries for around 130. Great price, use it around the house and in situations the impact wrench is too heavy (like the oil change under body cover).
A couple times a year home depot will go on deep discounts, watch for sales.

looking for a pipe cutter that works from Rigid unlike the Harbor Freight that Don't!!! cheep + not worth anything!!!

Thanks for the replies...going for the 6pc ryobi kit $200 and buying milwaukee shockwave bit set...i know it's all brushed tools but it's ok...Home diy only, should last a life time.
I assume this is the kit with one 4.0 and one 1.5 Ah battery(?) If not, you will want a 4.0 or 6.0 if you trim trees or shrubs with the reciprocating saw...that thing uses a lot of battery! OTOH the 1.5 Ah lasts a long time in the drill and impact wrench...I only charge it once every few weeks.

Ridge tools used to be a Division of Emerson Electric here in Saint Louis worked there for a number of years. Not sure who owns them now

When in the hell did they become so expensive, Like milwaukee and dewalt prices..I remember them being more budget friendly or am i wrong? I was looking for a new drill/impact combo kit, going to pass...on to ryobi
I've never seen Rigid cheap or cheaper than DeWalt. The lifetime battery is interesting, bit they don't have the choice of a vast number of tools compared to DeWalt or Milwaukee or Ryobi. One of the reasons I went to DeWalt was ability to buy used stuff or stuff that people bought In a kit that they will sell for a reasonable price. The current state of things has messed up prices for most used tools. Also keep in mind you can use adapters to use one brand of battery of another make of tool. I'm using DeWalt 20v batteries in Milwaukee 18v tools and Ryobi 18v tools. I've got DeWalt 20v batteries that are from 2011 and still going strong.

All my battery powered tools are Ryobi, Dewalt and Craftsman. I am going to get all my portable tools truly portable. Dewalt bits are OK. My Craftsman 1/2 inch impact wrench is D-bomb when doing tire rotations or O2 sensors. Had to replace a rear wheel on sons car on Christmas eve on the side of the road at night. The speed of that thing was worth the entire purchase price. Has LED light in it that light up what you are doing.

Ridge tools used to be a Division of Emerson Electric here in Saint Louis worked there for a number of years. Not sure who owns them now
Still does but Emerson only makes their plumbing tools. Ridgid power tools are a HD exclusive made by Techtronic Industries of Hong Kong. TTI also owns the Milwaukee and Hoover brands, along with the rights to Ryobi tools, also a HD exclusive. I bought a Ridgid spud wrench for flushometer work at a clubhouse I help out with, $60 but the best plumbing wrench I’ve ever used.

Many, if not all of Home Depot exclusives are made by another company if it’s not their “house” brand. Behr paint is a HD exclusive but Masco owns them. Kilz paint is rebranded Behr. Masco owns Delta/Hansgrohe faucets as well as BrassCraft.

supposedly the HD-exclusive Ridgid power tool line is the American rename of TTI’s AEG line sold in Europe.

I was fairly certain rigid and ryobi had a common company owner somewhere up the chain, am I reading that right?

rigid does stand behind their warranties IF you register all of the tools and batteries properly. They’ve probably given me 4 batteries, a new flashlight and a rebuilt drill by now. but, batteries bought separately are not covered for a lifetime, only the kit batteries, which tend to be limited to 1.5-2Ah.

ive got rigid tools for all the standard stuff but ryobi for the yard. I lend a slightly sturdier build to the rigid products but ryobi has the versatility nailed.

really struggling with the transition to 40+V. Need a new hedge trimmer and it’s coming down to ryobi vs ego. I know that once you bite, you follow the standard.…

Make sure you pull nails out before using the circ saw.

Missed two and the gearbox is toast.

I worked at Emerson too while I was in college. Ridge at that time was the largest manufacturer of plumbing tools. When I worked there we had access to their hand tools both in SAE and Metric under their RITCO brand Made in Spain. I had sets purchased and had them until I had to park my car in the on the street due to sleet and some scum stole the entire toolbox. They were in my opinion better than Craftsman. I do have Ridgid 18 volts power tools with lifetime warranty and very happy.

Back