Rhino Ramps Collapsed

I would not trust metal ramps either. I had a set collapse just as I was about to get in there. You never know when the corrosion might start to creep in there and weaken the joints. Only wood ramps for me from now on.
If corrosion is the concern this is largely area specific.

I'm not thrilled with the construction of most production steel ramps but a bit of extra metal and the bright light machine adds considerable peace of mind.

I haven't used ramps for probably 20+ years. I have never cared for them. Maybe I just don't understand how best to use them, so here are some genuine questions for all the ramp fans. These are based upon my experience with ramps.

1) Many of my cars have had a very low approach, and the car scrapes on ramps before the tire ever reaches the ramp. What do you do? Longer ramp approach?

2) Question 1 leads to this next question? Doesn't the ramp portion get in the way when working on certain projects, like transmission fluid changes? How do you deal with this inconvenience? And wouldn't a ramp with a long approach be even more in the way?

3) To do many jobs right, a car needs to be level. Transmission fluid drain & fill, for one. Rear diff drain & fill for another. How do you level a car with ramps?

4) And question 3 leads into this last question. How do you do work on the rear end of the car, such as rear diff fluid change?

Jack stands. 2 for oil change, all 4 for everything else.

OR

QuickJack

OR

Just pay someone who has a lift.

I miss the days when I could just crawl under my '65 Mustang or '89 Wagoneer to just change the oil.

OR

QuickJack

OR

I miss the days when I could just crawl under my '65 Mustang or '89 Wagoneer to just change the oil.

Those Quick-Jacks are pretty cool. Looks like a great alternative to a larger lift!

I just bought a used Kwik-Lift setup today off of FB MP. I will probably mostly use it at an angle but you can set it up so that the vehicle is pretty much level. It seems to be very well built. Too bad the company has pretty much gone out of business.

OR

QuickJack

OR

I can do that on my 2021 Honda HRV Sport....no problem..

I am curious if folks who had issues with their rhino ramps store them outside exposed to the elements. I have had no issues for 20 years with plastic ramps with 5000lb vehicles that have tires that pretty much max the width of them as well. I have simply stored them in a unconditioned garage.

I've had mine since before they had the large gaps in the ramp. They've been stored in my garage and I've had no problems with them. I guess they're a good 20 years old.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
I am curious if folks who had issues with their rhino ramps store them outside exposed to the elements. I have had no issues for 20 years with plastic ramps with 5000lb vehicles that have tires that pretty much max the width of them as well. I have simply stored them in a unconditioned garage.

I've had a set that had several cracks in it after unknown years, at least 4 years. Tossed it out for a new harbor freight version.

These will never collapse.

Screenshot_2023-10-05-00-49-50-1.jpg

My Ramps have always been stored inside a garage or shed and I've never had issues with my older set and they are probably 20 years old or older.

Now that I've used my steel truck ramps a couple of times I like them. The downside is that they are friggin heavy but I happened to have a few old casters laying around so I mounted a pair of them to one of the ramps to see if I could roll it around like a hand truck.

It seems to work ok so far but too early to tell for sure just yet.
1698332164075.png

Back