Restoring exterior Rubber finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car came with rubber moldings around window frames which have a gloss type finish, this is now starting to come off. Can I restore this and how?

The gloss-type finish is similar to a clear coat. Apply a heavy silicone based gel or spray, similar to a tire blackwall Glosser.

My 1997 was having this problem too. I put some 303 Protectant on it with excellent results. I requested a free sample, and when i got it & applied it, I was convinced & ran out & bought a bottle. It really is unlike most all the products out there, and I've tried about 4-5 of them. 303 website

actually there is a product for aircraft leading edge de-ice boots that will strip and re-coat rubber products and leaves a hard, durable, perfectly smooth nice shine, which can be cleaned without stripping the coating off.

BF Goodrich makes a version of this product, as does Boots Edge. If you search for de-ice boot treatments, you will probably find something really good.

This stuff is far better than the armor all type of products. Not even in the same league.

Chris

That BF Goodrich stuff is called Agemaster. It had better be good because it cost $81 a quart.
shocked.gif

I use 303 Aerospace protectant, which does a good job a bit cheaper.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back