Restore black trim and window gaskets from wax

Good morning,

I would like to restore the black trim and window gaskets, weatherstripping from wax damage. The wax left a white residue on the trim and window gaskets.Here are some pics of wax on window gaskets:
20210607_101545.jpg

20210607_101552.jpg

Preferably wpuld like to use a household product for this if possible.
Cheers

Strong, hot detergent solution, and a well worn in, pink scotch brite scrub sponge. If it's gotten into the pores of the rubber, you'll never get it all out without damaging the rubber so the question then is whether a clear silicone based top coat will get it dark and consistent looking (test in an inconspicuous area) or whether it needs a black tinted trim dressing. Even if you manage to scrub off the old wax and it looks okay after this first step, you'll want to put a top coating on or it'll age faster.

I have used turtle wax classic formula in the green container and formula 1 brand wax in the yellow container.

Aerospace 303 is 22 usd a bottle, too much for me, looking for somethine free like a household product if possible.

Going to try the hot water detergent solution and pink sponge option probably.

Cheers

I have used turtle wax classic formula in the green container and formula 1 brand wax in the yellow container.

Aerospace 303 is 22 usd a bottle, too much for me, looking for somethine free like a household product if possible.

Going to try the hot water detergent solution and pink sponge option probably.

Cheers
If you do do use the same product in the future or similar, it helps to keep a dry/damp microfiber on your shoulder and wipe it off as soon as you get it on the trim it should stop the problem.

Maybe try a good rubber cleaner then hit it with Solution Finish or some silicone based product.

Trying to keep the plastic trim looking good on a Jeep we used to own a while back, and the Sierra 1500 I sold last summer, was a PIA. I tried numerous products on the market, at all different price ranges, with limited success. All would look good for a short while and revert back to the look just before treatment. It was a frustrating, losing battle. Our lone remaining vehicle has no plastic trim. When the time comes to replace the Frontier, a prerequisite for the replacement will be no, or as minimal as possible, plastic trim. Good luck.

@rooflessVW might have a good opinion on this.

I'd stick with the hot soapy water recommendations if looking for a free solution. If ok to spend $8 or so, I'd try Back-to-Black or similar products. .

In the past I have used EagleOne A2Z Wheel and Tire cleaner and a soft bristled toothbrush to get wax residue off of black trim. Spray the cleaner on, scrub the trim with the toothbrush, rinse off with water. Just make sure it is the wheel and tire cleaner, and not just the wheel cleaner. They are two different products. Also might want to try it in an inconspicuous spot first to make sure it isn't going to do any permanent damage.

I seen a dude on youtube use ceramic sealant on old plastic and rubber like that and it looks new and like wet black paint.
my idea is to strip the whole car, and put cquartz-lite on everything. manual says it´s ok for plastic.
i could buy uk3,0+dlux, but that would be much expensive.

I've had good luck using Mr. Clean Magic erasers cleaning plastic trim and most non-painted surfaces on my cars. I've used them with a detergent or with water alone. They clean just about anything off glass, rubber and plastic, including tough-to-remove old wax smears and that weathered gray-ish look on black trim. These erasers are fragile, and I pretty much use one up per car. Then just follow up with a plastic trim conditioner/treatment of your choice once cleaned. Each to their own, but personally I like Wipe New for a good long-lasting clean look on plastic, and whatever Armour All/303 Protectant type-of-product I happen to have onhand for use on rubber door and glass seals as shown in the OP's pictures.

Back